Scoliosis Support  

Go Back   Scoliosis Support > Scoliosis > Non Surgical Room

Notices

Old 20th January 2009, 10:38 PM

Thumbs up Scoliosis SOS Clinic, Suffolk, Ipswich

Hi All,

I only found this website a couple of days ago but have found some really useful info in such a short space of time!!

Anyhow, I just wanted to let u all know that I went for a free consultation at the clinic today and have just got back to my house.

I just wanted to add my views as someone may find it helpful as I have reading other peoples. Fyi... I have actually booked a place on the course starting on this coming Monday 26th Jan.

On walking in, I imagined it to be quite a lot larger than what it was. I was very clean and everybody had to take their shoes off (the floor was lovely and warm though) lol!!

I saw many Thank You cards and reading them gave a positive 1st impression; although Im sure if they have had complaint letters they wont be on display!!

Anyhow, I was unsure about what the clinic was about and also although I knew I had Scoliosis, I didnt ever fully understand it (btw... Im a 23 yr old male who developed Scoliosis at 16). The surgeons I had seen didnt give half as much info in terms that I understood as the girl who did the consultation did. She was so helpful and kind and explained things really well.

I felt very comfortable asking the questions I wanted to and they provided answers to all.

My main concern about my back was my breathing and the pain and discomfort I am in. I feel confident that if I work hard with what they do, it will really benefit me.

I did feel a little under pressure to give an answer there and then but I dont know if thats because they knew I wanted to be on the course on Monday due to work reasons.

I have also book my accommodation through them at 100 per week for a single room. They also have accom which can have 2 people stay in as in a patient and parent. It is situated about 5 mins away from the clinic with good facilities around such as pubs serving good food ( I tried dinner and tea) and a large Tesco.

I must say though when we went into the office upstairs to pay the money and do forms etc.. I saw the Erika who has set it up. I would have thought she would have introduced herself slightly better and a bit of conversation as people have to pay a lot of money to go there. She was probably busy but I would have made the effort as there are only 3 people in the office! Im sure she will introduce herself on Monday!! lol

Luckily for me, my parents have paid for the treatment but all in all with travel and living expenses plus the clinic costs it will be in the regions of 4000. It is a very lot of money but only someone suffering with the condition could understand the benefits as my breathing is really bad.

Im sorry Im babbling on... nrly done!! I also feel that although this will have health benefits, I think my understanding of the condition will be a lot greater. I also feel a HUGE thing i will take from this is confidence and feel emotionally I will benefit a hell of a lot.

In summary, Im really excited but very nervous about the next month and was very happy with what I saw at the clinic. Also, my parents did come with me and they were very impressed; they were extremely sceptical about the clinic before hand!!

Well I thinks thats my essay complete now so looking forward to Monday a great deal and hope all goes well and cant wait to meet and befriend people in my situation.

I would like to think that someone will find something helpful out of the above but if anyone would like to ask any questions, Id be more than happy to help if I have the answer.

Cheers
Sean
Old 21st January 2009, 07:31 PM
Admin & Da Police Force!

Default Re: Scoliosis SOS Clinic, Suffolk, Ipswich

Hope everything goes well for you Sean Keep us posted!
Old 21st January 2009, 09:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to Simon

Good Luck !!!

Lets us know the outcome !!
Old 21st January 2009, 09:56 PM
RedL

good luck xx
Old 22nd January 2009, 01:54 AM

Thanks everyone for the good luck!! Im sure that n my effort and their training will hopfeully make a difference to my quality of life. Will keep everyone updated on end of each week!!

Thank you
Sean
Old 28th January 2009, 07:09 PM

Just to let everyonce know, I am into my 3rd day and still really positive about it!!
Old 28th January 2009, 07:26 PM
BlueL

....but some doubt has crept in?
Old 16th February 2009, 07:07 AM
(:

i hope everything is going really well there, it was a great experience for me.
everyone there is so lovely.
Old 17th February 2009, 05:54 PM

Smile Re: Scoliosis SOS Clinic, Suffolk, Ipswich

Hi,

How fast does the 4 weeks go!!!

Well my course ends this Friday and definately feel it has been worth while.

As said above, the staff are lovely and you fit in and make friends so easily.

We will have our final consultations on Friday where we get our results.

From the way I feel, I know it has improved my posture and breathing... amazingly it has eliminated my pain and discomfort.

I now know that it is up to me to continue this work to keep my corrections.

I would say though, it definately effects everybody different so it is NOT a cure by any means.

It has given me a great understanding of my condition and helped me learnt how to deal with it.

They have also just opened a 2nd clinic in London.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
Sean
Old 17th February 2009, 06:51 PM
Admin & Da Police Force!

Very glad to hear you have had such a positive experience, hope you can manage to keep up the exercises at home
Old 18th February 2009, 11:07 AM
OrangeL

Hi Sean

Thats brilliant you have found it to be such a benefit to you. I'm all for doing anything which makes you feel more in control of your life and makes the condition easier to live with. It sounds like you have a good sensible attitude to it all, realising the exercises won't 'cure' you but can help you live with the scoliosis. I think that the Alexander Technique does the same for me

Keep us informed of your progress once you get home xx
Old 15th March 2009, 09:56 PM
Grey

so your concrete results sean?
Old 4th March 2010, 05:55 PM
OrangeL

Default Went To Scoliosis Sos Today

Hi all,

i went to the clinic today in london,i must say it seems very positive.I know even though they cannot give exact measuremet,but they do have some experience obviously.According to him my curve does not seem severe but hey i still wanna know for sure from an expert.Has anyone tried this clinic and how was it for them.
Old 4th March 2010, 06:07 PM
SSO Triathlete

Default Re: Went To Scoliosis Sos Today

Hi aqz

I've moved your thread into the non surgical room as people who've been to SOS are more likely to see it here! In the meantime, have a quick search of the site for some first hand experiences of the place and some spirited discussion about their methods, I'm glad you had a positive outcome and hope you're feeling a little better about the situation now.
Old 4th March 2010, 06:47 PM
Mod with a rod (or two)

Default Re: Went To Scoliosis Sos Today

very wise of you to keep up your appointments with the experts

Mark's a groovin an a movin