Scoliosis Support  

Go Back   Scoliosis Support > Scoliosis > Kyphosis, Lordosis and Flatback Room

Notices

Old 2nd April 2013, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Kyphosis Gallery

Hi Robin,
My daughter is 14 and she has Schuermans Kyphosis with a 90 degree curve with a slight Scoliosis to the right. She is due to have surgery in June, she suffers a lot with pain though. Like you in her kneck, shoulders and lower back, the docs have just put her on Tramadol which is really strong but it does help her, but its affecting school as its a sedative so it's not really ideal but she can't get through a school day without it.Do you take pain killers? It's great to chat to someone with Kyphosis as everyone seems to suffer with Scoliosis. Take care jo xx
Old 2nd April 2013, 11:58 PM

Hi Jo! I am sorry to hear your daughter is also suffering a lot of pain, but I am glad she is due to have surgery and that she is still young enough to recover quickly. I am nervous about surgery, but I am pretty confident that it will greatly reduce my amount of pain. How long has she been taking painkillers? I do not usually take any, as I have almost "gotten used to" living in pain, I guess. But I do sometimes have to take sleeping pills to fall asleep because it is so hard to get comfortable at night. If you or your daughter ever want to talk, feel free to private message me! I am new to this forum, but I have found it is really helping me so far. You are right, it is nice to talk to people who understand and deal with the same things you are dealing with. Take care!

Old 3rd April 2013, 08:05 PM
SSO Groupie!

Hi Robin

I have kyphoscoliosis, but no idea what my curves measure anymore. I'm glad you've found us.
Born 1981 with Spina Bifida Myelomeningocele. Surgery to close lesion at birth. Anterior fusion T11-L5 aged 12. Laminectomy June 06. Posterior fusion with instrumenation T8-T11. Degenerative Disc C4/C5

Waiting for VP Shunt surgery. Under the care of Mr. Tucker who wants to fuse me T2-pelvis!
Old 5th June 2013, 11:13 PM
OrangeD

My dorsal hyperkyphosis. right side