Scoliosis Support  

Go Back   Scoliosis Support > Scoliosis > Kyphosis, Lordosis and Flatback Room

Notices

Old 28th July 2008, 10:07 PM
BlueL

Default Re: Pictures of my back

You must be gutted by the six month hold up. How do you feel right now? Do you think you have the energy to ring up and bang a few drums to see if you can get seen sooner? I know it's the hardest thing when you feel knocked for six - could you get someone to call on your behalf? I know the lists are busy but maybe the person you spoke to wasn't the best person - maybe if you call aain you'll get someone with a bit of compassion. I've found it can happen like that sometimes, and even though you may find the call emotional, this time the person you speak to may try a little bit harder to bring the appointment forward.

I wish you luck - this is a temporary setback - you'll get there.
Old 28th July 2008, 10:26 PM
Mod with a rod (or two)

Thanks so much for your kind words but i feel emotionaly destructed, my whole beings beyond help, i wish i could feel that someone could help, but i don't i'm emotionally fu**ed, my body, is beyond help, can't out run the s**t i'm in, just need to cut my pathetic body into bits, feeling so helpless, everytime i turn around and feel hope i get kicked in the teeth, am i tough, i dont think so, i want to be tough but i a'nt

Mark's a groovin an a movin

Last edited by mark; 29th July 2008 at 11:00 PM. Reason: too much swearing, i should know better
Old 28th July 2008, 10:59 PM
Admin & Da Police Force!

Mark, the people who make the appointments don't know individual circumstances, so you need to ring Mr Gibson's secretary to get an earlier date. You can't give up now you've finally found someone willing to help you - we won't let you
Old 29th July 2008, 05:32 PM
OrangeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillyG View Post
Mark, the people who make the appointments don't know individual circumstances, so you need to ring Mr Gibson's secretary to get an earlier date. You can't give up now you've finally found someone willing to help you - we won't let you
The squeeky wheel gets the oil. For my intial consult, the wait was 6months. After waiting 3 months, I got fed up and got my GP to tell them to bump up the date because my back was hurting more than before. I got an appointment within 4 weeks - cutting more than 2months off the wait!

Say the same - see if it bumps you up.
Old 30th July 2008, 12:20 AM
OrangeL

Hi Mark
so sorry to read your posts of you feeling so bad. Can I suggest you write to your surgeon direct and explain your circumstances? I am sure they will honour you a reply - (just a thought).
Thinking of you lots and hoping you will be feeling stronger soon.
Old 30th July 2008, 01:40 AM
OrangeL

Send a message via MSN to 15step

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration and anger you are going through, as a girl of 20 with severe scoliosis it has effected my confidence a heck of lot, to the point that i just want to dissappear, some days are a complete burden. Don't give up, i've only just plucked up the courage to try and find someone willing to operate. I was too scared of consequences before hand and i think you should be proud of yourself to want to do something about it.
Old 30th July 2008, 07:42 AM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Stop it Mark! We all know what you can do. Get pushy - get your appointment moved to when YOU want it. Or try negoiating with them or threatening them - whatever it takes. Do NOT hurt yourself and DO NOT even think you aren'tworth it. And so help me if you go back to the very dark bottom again I am going to bite your kneecaps and send the flying monkeys. Come on Mark you are worrying me.
Old 30th July 2008, 10:27 AM
Mod with a rod (or two)

Thanks everyone, i'm back to fighting off the darkness, louisse, gilly, seeking help, thanks for the support, em i hope you find someone who can help you and sorry to read you have dark days too and jean, your always there to rane me in thanks

Old 30th July 2008, 01:13 PM
~ * star * ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazed Jean View Post
Stop it Mark! We all know what you can do. Get pushy - get your appointment moved to when YOU want it. Or try negoiating with them or threatening them - whatever it takes. Do NOT hurt yourself and DO NOT even think you aren'tworth it. And so help me if you go back to the very dark bottom again I am going to bite your kneecaps and send the flying monkeys. Come on Mark you are worrying me.
!!!!!
Old 30th July 2008, 04:51 PM

Mark,

Chin up! Perhaps after the scan in August, the doctor will re-think the schedule. I agree with everyone that you should call back and ask to speak directly to him and express your concerns.

There are many wickets to go through on the path to surgery and many things that seem like obstacles can end up being the way life is meant to happen.

Your experience has been so valuable to me in the short week I have been a member. Just think..if it weren't for you, I would not have a place to turn now. Please realize that it is what is inside you that is valuable and complete and perfect. Your outside is just a wrapping.

I am praying for you to get answers sooner and that you can make it through the upcoming months.

tb
Old 30th July 2008, 05:20 PM

Send a message via MSN to Simon

Mark that appointment has been made by the outpatients depertment that make all the appointment i had the time sort of time scale so i phoned up the secretary and she made a appointment for me .......

Are you going to start giving in again mate you come this far so get on the phone even if you have to tell the secretary a little fib by saying that mr gibson asked you to phone up to make a appointment as soon as you had you mri scan ..................come on brother ......

.................................................. ........YOU CAN DO IT................................................ ...........................

........................................DONT LET ME DOWN NOW .................................................. ........................
Old 30th July 2008, 11:49 PM
Mod with a rod (or two)

Why the hell can't i cope with life, i can't open a letter pick the phone, i even struggle to answer it, whenever it rings i crumble, its not normal is it, i got this awful feeling insomnia, got this dread in the pit of my stomach, this tight knot, its strangling me, chocking me, crushing me, i'm relatively up during the day, posting away here helping others, don't need to focus on me then do i, don't need to think about me, i'm starting to think i'm some kind of egotystical maniac pouring this guff out, i need to get some rest, need to pull back, i can't sleep, if only i could get some sleep, i mean FFS i havent been to bed for 2 months, i'm gonna stop now before i say something i shouldn't, if managed to through my insane ramblings then thanks for reading them

Old 31st July 2008, 11:46 AM

Send a message via MSN to Simon

Hi mark

Listen brother i hope you dont mind what i have done for you but i have phoned mr gibson secretary for you . her name is tracy and see as asked me to phone her back with your hospital number (top of any hospital letters) and the date of your mri scan and your date of birth and she will make you a appointment for straight after you have had your mri done ...

She is a lovely women i hope you dont mind me doing that for you as i can not see you like this and to wait till next year will not be in your best interest.

So if you would like to pm me with them deatils i will phone her back i have her direct line number and then she will get that appointment out to you ................

Really hope you dont mind .

Simon
Old 31st July 2008, 07:56 PM
Mod with a rod (or two)

I'm just sat here crying, i can't believe the love peoplee have for one another on this site, thankyou so much simon, i'm truly humbled, i am, every day people on this site do so much for one another, total strangers that have never met, and they do so much for one another, i have tears running down my face, thats hard for a bloke to admit to, but i really do, i can't express in words how much i love you guys, i do, i love you all, thanks simon, so much for what you have done, i honestly can't express in words how i feel right now

cheers brother

mark

Old 31st July 2008, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Simon, you TOTALLY ROCK. Major respect to you!! To have gone through so much with your own op and to be so caring says a hell of a lot about you as a person. No words in that Chat magazine article will ever come close to how amazing you are.

Mark, you see, I know what I'm saying when I tell you that you mean more to us than you ever can imagine. You have touched so many of us. We really ARE all here for you.

I feel so honoured to "know " the pair of you and all the other amazing people on this site.
SSO really is like a family.

Huge Hugs to Mark and Simon xx xx