Scoliosis Support  

Go Back   Scoliosis Support > Scoliosis > General Discussions

Notices

Old 4th July 2014, 05:52 PM

Default Re: More surgery Thursday!

So as Ed requested, heres the scars of my pelvis graft sites. not the best, but the best i could get taking it on my own.

Halo traction for a week then I had surgery 08/05/14, fused C5-T12 correcting curves by about half! By the wonderful and amazing, Mr Bernard. And then an Anterior Iliac Strut graft in my neck/ chest on the 05/06/14
Old 4th July 2014, 06:38 PM
AKA Titaniumed

Wow Jay, Both sides......Very interesting...

You know they donít do these much anymore because of pain at the site. You say this is doing ok? No pain?

Ed

55 yr old male
T70 L70 double trouble
A/P T2-Pelvis BMP Jan 2008
Old 4th July 2014, 08:23 PM

I did know there was one place that they didnt like to take from, but couldnt remember where it was. But yeah its doing really well, no pain at all.

The only pain i get is in my hip where they took from they second time round. Its become sore lately though, This could be because of walking more and so it rubs more and so making it sorer. But its not a massive issue right now, as i only feel it when i sit up from laying down.
Halo traction for a week then I had surgery 08/05/14, fused C5-T12 correcting curves by about half! By the wonderful and amazing, Mr Bernard. And then an Anterior Iliac Strut graft in my neck/ chest on the 05/06/14
Old 4th July 2014, 09:36 PM

Another thing i have just been advised of, from another forum, is Pilates classes, is it possible to under take these with a fused spine? And dont worry, i wont be jumping into them straight away, as it is some thing that will mess things up.
Old 7th July 2014, 05:45 PM

I'm a bit confused with the NHS emailing system, even though the email of my surgeon is his email, it will still go through his Secretary? As im finally getting round to sending one as ive been lazy and not done so.

Ta as always