Scoliosis Support  

Go Back   Scoliosis Support > Scoliosis > General Discussions

Notices

Old 7th May 2014, 07:04 PM

Default Re: The all official 'Good luck JayMoe' thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonibunny View Post
Great news Jay! Do you know if the halo has given you some good correction? Will you have to wear it for a while following your surgery? (I did).
Unsure of it all as I havent seen anyone today as they're all at another hospital today. But I know that it has given me some correction as my ribs at the front protrude less now and also someone on the ward has said I stand straighter now Because of it. I don't know if I will need to wear it after surgery, as they haven't said anything abut doing so.
Halo traction for a week then I had surgery 08/05/14, fused C5-T12 correcting curves by about half! By the wonderful and amazing, Mr Bernard. And then an Anterior Iliac Strut graft in my neck/ chest on the 05/06/14
Old 7th May 2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARIS2000 View Post
Glad to hear your hanging in there, sounds like the halo is having some effect already, best of luck for you for tomorrow hope all goes well and you get a great correction. Wishing you a straight forward recovery, look forward to hearing your update when your up to it.
Yep, been hanging here since last Thursday yeah it is pleased I was put on it now thanks and yeah will be back on as soon as I can, which might be a few days as it all depends on how I feel etc
Halo traction for a week then I had surgery 08/05/14, fused C5-T12 correcting curves by about half! By the wonderful and amazing, Mr Bernard. And then an Anterior Iliac Strut graft in my neck/ chest on the 05/06/14

Last edited by titch; 9th May 2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old 7th May 2014, 09:13 PM
Admin & Da Police Force!

Ohh Jay, I'm keeping everything crossed for you that it goes well!
Old 8th May 2014, 10:19 AM

Wow Jay just sat a read all 4 pages of this thread and I my heart goes out to you. Good luck with your recovery. Will be thinking of you.
Old 8th May 2014, 11:50 AM
T Sr: Admin, Big Sister and Da Police!

Thinking of Jay today! Hope he gets a fabulous correction
37 years old, diagnosed with infantile idiopathic scoliosis at 6 months old with curves of 62(T) and 40(L) degrees. Casting and Milwaukee braces until surgery at 10 - ant release/pos fusion T1-T12, halo traction. Post op cast and then TLSO. Further surgery at 18 (ant release/pos fusion extended to L3 to include lumbar curve, costoplasty) and 25 (another costoplasty). Fusion extended to L4 at 33 (XLIF with 4 pedicle screws and two short rods). Pre-op curves: 76(T) and 70(L). Post-op curves: 45(T) and 35(L). Diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aged 34; scoliosis almost certainly due to this rather than being idiopathic.
Old 8th May 2014, 05:45 PM
OrangeL

All the best to you Jay
Thoracic 72 degrees, lumber 30 degrees-fused aged 44, T2-L4, posterior fusion with costoplasty (8 ribs were chopped) on 3/11/10 under the care of Mr Ahmed at North Staffs Hospital. Now nice and straight
Old 9th May 2014, 07:55 PM
OrangeD

So I popped in to see Jay yesterday at 6pm but he was still in theatre, so went back today and found him in intensive care looking pretty good and being well cared-for, and he headed back to the ward this afternoon! He's in a lot of pain at the moment but he's looking remarkably straight and well-balanced and seems to be optimistic. His surgeon was very pleased. The halo has gone but he's had a lot of comments that it's made a noticeable difference just over the last week.

I'm sure he'll be able to update you himself soon enough!
Old 9th May 2014, 07:57 PM
T Sr: Admin, Big Sister and Da Police!

Thanks Jonny! Great to hear that it looks like he's had a good correction, but I hope his pain is being managed okay. Really glad he's had his halo removed under anaesthetic too.
37 years old, diagnosed with infantile idiopathic scoliosis at 6 months old with curves of 62(T) and 40(L) degrees. Casting and Milwaukee braces until surgery at 10 - ant release/pos fusion T1-T12, halo traction. Post op cast and then TLSO. Further surgery at 18 (ant release/pos fusion extended to L3 to include lumbar curve, costoplasty) and 25 (another costoplasty). Fusion extended to L4 at 33 (XLIF with 4 pedicle screws and two short rods). Pre-op curves: 76(T) and 70(L). Post-op curves: 45(T) and 35(L). Diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aged 34; scoliosis almost certainly due to this rather than being idiopathic.
Old 10th May 2014, 11:32 AM
Admin & Da Police Force!

Thanks for the update Jonny Hope you're feeling more comfortable now Jay
Old 11th May 2014, 05:23 AM

So glad to hear surgery went so well - I appreciate you posting on his status, Jonny.

Jay - hope your recovery is going smoothly and your pain is under control.

I was diagnosed with Scheuermann's Kyphosis at age 16. I had an 80-degree thoracolumbar kyphosis and mild scoliosis. My posterior fusion surgery was performed by Dr. Sethi in Seattle on Earth Day 2014. It reduced my kyphosis to 50 degrees and my scoliosis to about zero.
Old 11th May 2014, 12:30 PM

So I stood today pain is under control just stiff and uncomfortable
Old 11th May 2014, 02:51 PM

Great news Jay great to hear you are out the other side , wishing you a speedy recovery
Mum to Aaron who has congenital kyphosis . Surgery performed by Mr Lehovsky and his team (Matt & Charlie ) on Tuesday 18th February at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore . surgery was anterior and posterior approach carried out in the one surgery .
Old 11th May 2014, 03:24 PM
OrangeL

I'm pleased to hear that you are doing well. Good luck with the recovery
Old 11th May 2014, 07:50 PM
Admin & Da Police Force!

Woo Jay, first hurdle over!! Take care my friend
Old 11th May 2014, 08:28 PM
OrangeL

Well done Jay-your doing great! X
Thoracic 72 degrees, lumber 30 degrees-fused aged 44, T2-L4, posterior fusion with costoplasty (8 ribs were chopped) on 3/11/10 under the care of Mr Ahmed at North Staffs Hospital. Now nice and straight