Scoliosis Support  

Go Back   Scoliosis Support > Scoliosis > General Discussions

Notices

Old 30th April 2014, 05:05 PM
OrangeL

Default Re: The all official 'Good luck JayMoe' thread!

Hi,

Hope all goes well x
Old 30th April 2014, 07:05 PM

Very best wishes to you. Remember positivity is key x
Old 1st May 2014, 06:13 AM

Well I'm off to be admitted now. Will be back soon
https://twitter.com/Scoli_JayJay
Old 1st May 2014, 06:48 AM
Kara

good luck jay your a really brave young man
Getting braces and possible foot surgery
Old 1st May 2014, 01:23 PM

So I didn't have the op today as there was a bit of miss communication between the surgeons and me so I actually had a halo fitted today and will be having it done in a weeks time
Old 1st May 2014, 01:38 PM
T Sr: Admin, Big Sister and Da Police!

Ooof! That must have been a bit of a shock Jay! How is the halo? I hope you're not too uncomfy. I assume you're able to sit upright during the day (halo gravity traction)?

Did you have the halo fitted under local or general? I had mine put on under general, but it was done directly after my anterior release surgery.
37 years old, diagnosed with infantile idiopathic scoliosis at 6 months old with curves of 62(T) and 40(L) degrees. Casting and Milwaukee braces until surgery at 10 - ant release/pos fusion T1-T12, halo traction. Post op cast and then TLSO. Further surgery at 18 (ant release/pos fusion extended to L3 to include lumbar curve, costoplasty) and 25 (another costoplasty). Fusion extended to L4 at 33 (XLIF with 4 pedicle screws and two short rods). Pre-op curves: 76(T) and 70(L). Post-op curves: 45(T) and 35(L). Diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aged 34; scoliosis almost certainly due to this rather than being idiopathic.
Old 1st May 2014, 04:45 PM

Yeah it was, but hey if its going to do me good i dont mind. Its pretty uncomfortable but I'll be able to cope with it even if I need drugs to help numb it down. Yes I am thankfully Able to sit up and i had it fitted under local which was painful!! But one highlight was I was pPhotographed in it for teaching etc so im now famous in St Gs :P
Old 1st May 2014, 05:31 PM
Admin & Da Police Force!

Blimey, that must have come as quite a shock Sounds like you're coping admirably though, do you have to stay in the hospital now until your op? (Sorry if that's a dumb question but I don't really know much about all this halo malarkey )
Old 1st May 2014, 05:37 PM

Yeah I was really confussed about it all. Bit yes I'm in until my op now but the people on my ward are happy chappies(All male ward) and so are the nurses
Old 1st May 2014, 07:15 PM
Kara

Omg jay I'm so sorry
Getting braces and possible foot surgery
Old 1st May 2014, 08:37 PM

Good Luck Jay!!! Hoping everything goes really well for you xx
Old 2nd May 2014, 08:28 AM
Admin & Da Police Force!

Well, at least you're in there now and know it will definitely go ahead! And think of the amazing correction you should get at the end of it all
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:46 PM

Yeah that's all I'm thankful of Gilly

And a little update.... Halo has been causing lots of pain, so they had to take a kilo off and now feel better. But I have been sick twice today and felt nausious this is most likely due to the morphine. But the good new is from snoozing all day I have no nausia any more and the pain has gone and ivhave been able to eat a fair amount of my lunch and I feel great from doing so
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:50 PM
T Sr: Admin, Big Sister and Da Police!

Oh well done Jay I'm so glad you're feeling better!! Hope you've got some good books and stuff to keep you occupied? Have you got an iPad/tablet with Internet access? xx
37 years old, diagnosed with infantile idiopathic scoliosis at 6 months old with curves of 62(T) and 40(L) degrees. Casting and Milwaukee braces until surgery at 10 - ant release/pos fusion T1-T12, halo traction. Post op cast and then TLSO. Further surgery at 18 (ant release/pos fusion extended to L3 to include lumbar curve, costoplasty) and 25 (another costoplasty). Fusion extended to L4 at 33 (XLIF with 4 pedicle screws and two short rods). Pre-op curves: 76(T) and 70(L). Post-op curves: 45(T) and 35(L). Diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aged 34; scoliosis almost certainly due to this rather than being idiopathic.
Old 2nd May 2014, 02:08 PM

I've got my kindle with a few books on it so that'll keep me occupied for a hit. And I don't right now but I might see if myparebts will pay for some but don't want to risk leaving my laptop while I'm asleep here