Scoliosis Support  

Go Back   Scoliosis Support > Scoliosis > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12th September 2012, 10:30 PM
Island Loving

Thumbs down Echocardiogram scheduled - Scoliosis issues

Well I went for x-rays yesterday at the hospital and am still waiting results on the degree of my Scoliosis, my doctor said I have slight scoliosis in my lower back, but could not determine the upper faction.

I think my thoracic Scoliosis must be pretty severe for the symptoms I am getting right now. I went for blood tests today, which went pretty well, and I'm scheduled for an Echocardiogram next Tuesday because my doctor noticed a weird 'gushing' noise under my heart, he also touched the area and applied pressure, and ever since he's done that, every 2-5 minutes, I will feel a sharp pain in that exact area.

Also it feels a bit swollen or something. So along with that problem, i'm aching and just feeling horrible, and I can't believe I have to go another week of this pain just to get my Echocardiogram checked out, it's agonizing!

Anyone have any advice to reduce the pain, and mentally help me out a little, would be GREATLY appreciated!
Old 13th September 2012, 11:23 AM
Admin & Da Police Force!

Default Re: Echocardiogram scheduled - Scoliosis issues

Oh, that does sound odd I was always told, as a child and young adult, that I had a heart murmur. I've since had an echocardiogram and been diagnosed with 'mild mitral valve prolapse'. It doesn't really give me any problems though, and certainly there is no area of tenderness. I hope all is OK with your test, when will you know the result?
Old 13th September 2012, 03:56 PM
OrangeL

I have also on and off been told my heart sounded weird, then ok, then next Dr. would say it's a murmer, next said it's fine. Recently EKGs said that there is a P-wave difference, and it's fine. Went to a cardiologist, and all checked out fine even with 1 week monitor.
Could it be that you have 2 ribs rubbing? I know when I have that it's intensely painful. Takes some stretches and massages/pressure to get them to stop touching again.
GL!
Milwakee brace 2 years stem-stern. Harrington rods in '95 to stop curvature- not really straighten it like they said the surgery would! T curve was ~52, L ~40 deg. Have had a very active 15 years not letting anything stop me, but in my early 30s the slipping disks and pain/nerve pain are getting old and I am looking at a revision surgery- or something!!
Old 13th September 2012, 09:39 PM
Island Loving

Well I have no idea how my skeletal structure looks like because I have not received my x-ray results as of now, but I generally know that my left rib cage seems smaller and hangs lower (more compacted) than my right one does. So I think that might affect my heart and how it's functioning, my GP said that my heart beat is very rapid and there's an abnormal noise just below of it, so currently I have no knowledge on what's going on.
Thanks for your suggestions guys!
Old 13th September 2012, 10:28 PM
T Jr :-)

Feel sorry for you I had bad rib pain today cos of twisting in PE I have my ECG tomorrow haha x
I'm Tiff, I'm 17, my consultant's Mr Gibson at RNOH Stanmore and I was diagnosed in November 2011 and I had my spinal fusion October 3rd 2012 and am now fused T2-T11 with amazing correction (60T/40L to 30T/40L).
Old 14th September 2012, 12:17 AM
Island Loving

awww yeah it's not the most pleasant feeling... even after taking several ibuprofens lol. Hope yours goes well and please update me when you've finished it! xxx