Scoliosis Support  

Go Back   Scoliosis Support > Scoliosis > General Discussions

Notices

Old 30th December 2010, 05:59 PM
OrangeL

Default Is it possible to get a copy of my xray?

Hi,just wandering if anyone knows whether i'm allowed to get a copy of my xray? If so how do i go about it?
I had an xray at my local hospital and results were sent to my GP.
thankyou x
Old 30th December 2010, 06:11 PM
Marvellous Moderator

Default Re: Is it possible to get a copy of my xray?

You should be able to get a copy on CD from either imaging (PACS) department, or from Health Records at the hospital. If your hospital has a website, try there first - it may have details on how you can do this. If not, i'd try calling radiology where you had the x ray done. You'll probably have to pay for it (I paid 9 for mine) and have to complete a disclaimer form, but hopefully once this is done you'll have your own copy to keep forever
I'm Sally, 31, and I have congenital kyphoscoliosis in association with Spina Bifida, Diastematomyelia and tethered cord. Surgery to detether spinal cord and remove bone spur at Addenbrooke's in 1984 aged 3. Developed 'pes cavus' and weakness in legs, various foot surgeries between '92 and '94. Decompression of spinal cord, hemivertebrectomy and fusion L2-L4 with instrumentation by Mr Crawford and Mr Laing (neurosurgeon) in 1998 aged 17. Had two stage anterior-posterior T10 to pelvis fusion surgery on 27th February 2012 at NNUH by Mr Crawford and Mr Lutchman. Fused well but now curving over top of fusion, so facing fusion extension up to T1. Trying a brace first in order to put off surgery til next year
Old 2nd January 2011, 02:26 PM
OrangeL

Yes you can get copies but you have to pay and mine took about 40 days to come through so didnt get them when i needed them but at least ihave them. You dont have to pay if private.
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:36 PM
OrangeL

Send a message via MSN to louise_23

I phoned the hospital where I had my xrays done and they put them all on a CD for me, and it cost 5. As Sally says, there is usually a section on most hospital websites which gives you the right contact no/email to contact for xrays etc.

My surgeon also emailed me my 3 post op xrays recently for free! So may be worth asking
Hiya i'm Louise, i'm 27 & had posterior surgery + costoplasty for an 84degree double curve on 29th July 2010 at RJAH Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry. Under the care of Mr Trivedi. I'm now fused T3 to L3.
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/louise.laurie
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/missloobie
My Blog: http://helpformyscoliosis.blogspot.com/