Scoliosis Support  

Go Back   Scoliosis Support > Scoliosis > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: How Did You Come To Find SSO !!
Was It Though a Search Engine .Ie Google/Yahoo 196 85.22%
Was It Though A Member Already On Sso If so What Member was it 16 6.96%
Did you see a link on another Internet Page Ie Facebook/Nsf 15 6.52%
Was It Though Word Of Mouth . 5 2.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21st August 2010, 02:15 PM
OrangeL

Default Re: Poll !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonibunny View Post
Mr Harrison!! That's really wonderful, I knew that a couple of the consultants recommend us but I didn't know that he did too!!
Mr Ahmed also recommended this site at my daughters 1st consultation-he even wrote it down on a bit of paper!
Old 21st August 2010, 07:17 PM
Marvellous Moderator

Woo hooooo! We totally rock
I'm Sally, 31, and I have congenital kyphoscoliosis in association with Spina Bifida, Diastematomyelia and tethered cord. Surgery to detether spinal cord and remove bone spur at Addenbrooke's in 1984 aged 3. Developed 'pes cavus' and weakness in legs, various foot surgeries between '92 and '94. Decompression of spinal cord, hemivertebrectomy and fusion L2-L4 with instrumentation by Mr Crawford and Mr Laing (neurosurgeon) in 1998 aged 17. Had two stage anterior-posterior T10 to pelvis fusion surgery on 27th February 2012 at NNUH by Mr Crawford and Mr Lutchman. Fused well but now curving over top of fusion, so facing fusion extension up to T1. Trying a brace first in order to put off surgery til next year
Old 20th November 2010, 11:40 AM
Be happy and... Smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sal View Post
Woo hooooo! We totally rock
True "dat" - as they say, lol
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary..." - Steve Jobs
Old 10th January 2011, 08:03 PM
OrangeL

Google, I don't normally look up things about my condition but I get random moments when I do, this time during one of my random moments I found the forum, I was browsing the forum and well here I am. lol
Old 10th January 2011, 08:43 PM
OrangeL

Send a message via MSN to louise_23

I found it on Google too, when I was stressed about needing surgery!
I had been on a while just reading all the posts before I plucked up the courage to actually write my own!
Hiya i'm Louise, i'm 27 & had posterior surgery + costoplasty for an 84degree double curve on 29th July 2010 at RJAH Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry. Under the care of Mr Trivedi. I'm now fused T3 to L3.
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/louise.laurie
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/missloobie
My Blog: http://helpformyscoliosis.blogspot.com/
Old 5th April 2011, 11:42 PM

Send a message via MSN to Trialia

I ran into Toni on another forum, and she referred me here when she found out I had scoli too.
Old 5th April 2011, 11:52 PM
T Sr: Admin, Big Sister and Da Police!

Yay! Welcome Tria
37 years old, diagnosed with infantile idiopathic scoliosis at 6 months old with curves of 62(T) and 40(L) degrees. Casting and Milwaukee braces until surgery at 10 - ant release/pos fusion T1-T12, halo traction. Post op cast and then TLSO. Further surgery at 18 (ant release/pos fusion extended to L3 to include lumbar curve, costoplasty) and 25 (another costoplasty). Fusion extended to L4 at 33 (XLIF with 4 pedicle screws and two short rods). Pre-op curves: 76(T) and 70(L). Post-op curves: 45(T) and 35(L). Diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aged 34; scoliosis almost certainly due to this rather than being idiopathic.
Old 11th April 2011, 02:16 PM

Send a message via MSN to Trialia

Thanks hon!
Old 13th May 2011, 03:22 PM

Unhappy Re: Poll !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoAdmin View Post
We'd love to know where you all heard about SSO, and how you came to join us!

The Staff xx

Came across you simply by searching for "Scoliosis" on-line. Have just been diagnosed with idiopathic adolescent scoliosis and am trying to find out as much as poss and get my head round it.
Old 14th May 2011, 09:23 PM
Marvellous Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate View Post
Came across you simply by searching for "Scoliosis" on-line. Have just been diagnosed with idiopathic adolescent scoliosis and am trying to find out as much as poss and get my head round it.
Hi there, glad you found us! Why not post a message on the main discussions forum telling us a bit about yourself? We're very friendly and supportive, and can try to help you navigate the world of scoliosis you've just found yourself in
I'm Sally, 31, and I have congenital kyphoscoliosis in association with Spina Bifida, Diastematomyelia and tethered cord. Surgery to detether spinal cord and remove bone spur at Addenbrooke's in 1984 aged 3. Developed 'pes cavus' and weakness in legs, various foot surgeries between '92 and '94. Decompression of spinal cord, hemivertebrectomy and fusion L2-L4 with instrumentation by Mr Crawford and Mr Laing (neurosurgeon) in 1998 aged 17. Had two stage anterior-posterior T10 to pelvis fusion surgery on 27th February 2012 at NNUH by Mr Crawford and Mr Lutchman. Fused well but now curving over top of fusion, so facing fusion extension up to T1. Trying a brace first in order to put off surgery til next year
Old 6th June 2011, 11:22 PM
Mod with a rod (or two)

Hi Chocolate

Welcome to SSO, i hope we can support you through your scoliosis journey

If you have any questions just post away

once again welcome

Mark

Mark's a groovin an a movin
Old 7th June 2011, 08:47 PM
Teenager at heart!

Found it through another member who also appears on the BBC Ouch website.
Hi I'm Tracy - mum to Cameron 17yrs who had anterior release, costoplasty, and posterior fusion at RNOH Stanmore 2009 under care of Mr Sean Molloy. All procedures done in one 9 hour operation. Thorocolumbular curve reduced from 74 to 16 degrees. Fused T3 to L2. Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis.
Old 22nd July 2011, 01:51 PM

Our daughter was just scheduled for surgery on August 10th, after nearly 10 years of bracing, so it set off a flurry of on-line searching. Googling "Scoliosis Operation Support Groups" brought this site up first. We have been reading various posts, and just accepted to post back today, and appreciate all the good information.
Old 22nd July 2011, 03:02 PM
T Sr: Admin, Big Sister and Da Police!

Welcome Bneubrand!

I hope we can help support you as your daughter has her surgery xx
37 years old, diagnosed with infantile idiopathic scoliosis at 6 months old with curves of 62(T) and 40(L) degrees. Casting and Milwaukee braces until surgery at 10 - ant release/pos fusion T1-T12, halo traction. Post op cast and then TLSO. Further surgery at 18 (ant release/pos fusion extended to L3 to include lumbar curve, costoplasty) and 25 (another costoplasty). Fusion extended to L4 at 33 (XLIF with 4 pedicle screws and two short rods). Pre-op curves: 76(T) and 70(L). Post-op curves: 45(T) and 35(L). Diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aged 34; scoliosis almost certainly due to this rather than being idiopathic.
Old 22nd July 2011, 05:41 PM
OrangeD

Early 2010 I was browsing around online looking at scoliosis journals etc and having never thought about joining a community with like-minded people etc it suddenly dawned on me that there might be something out there

So went onto google and searched for "scoliosis support forums" and I ended up here and I'm glad I did

Good old google