Scoliosis Support  

Go Back   Scoliosis Support > Scoliosis > Non Surgical Room

Notices

Old 19th July 2014, 10:50 PM
Adult member

Default has anyone tried theraflex or a spinecore brace?

Hi there,
I have been doing a lot of googling on scoliosis lately and I've discovered 2 new treatments that I didn't know existed: theraflex and a spinecor brace for adults.
Has anyone tried either of these and can you tell me about your experiences?
Many thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 10:48 PM
Adult member

Default Re: has anyone tried theraflex or a spinecore brace?

Anyone? ... No? ...
Old 1st August 2014, 12:20 PM
T Sr: Admin, Big Sister and Da Police!

Default Re: has anyone tried theraflex or a spinecore brace?

I've not got any personal experience with either, but the Spinecor Brace seems to have helped a handful of US-based adults with scoliosis to manage their pain (rather than to actually give permanent correction). It's difficult to get hold of in the UK though a couple of clinics will prescribe it privately.

I am a lot more wary about the Theraflex thing. It was being heavily marketed by just one guy who made claims to have "studied at Cambridge" on Facebook (though he hadn't in the traditional sense of doing an actual degree at the famous uni there) and the device itself could be used by complimentary therapists rather than medical staff and didnt seem to have any serious science or studies behind it at all. It seems to have dropped off the radar in recent years. It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has real, unbiased experience with this though.
37 years old, diagnosed with infantile idiopathic scoliosis at 6 months old with curves of 62(T) and 40(L) degrees. Casting and Milwaukee braces until surgery at 10 - ant release/pos fusion T1-T12, halo traction. Post op cast and then TLSO. Further surgery at 18 (ant release/pos fusion extended to L3 to include lumbar curve, costoplasty) and 25 (another costoplasty). Fusion extended to L4 at 33 (XLIF with 4 pedicle screws and two short rods). Pre-op curves: 76(T) and 70(L). Post-op curves: 45(T) and 35(L). Diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aged 34; scoliosis almost certainly due to this rather than being idiopathic.

Tags
spinecor