Scoliosis Support  

Go Back   Scoliosis Support > Scoliosis > General Discussions

Notices

Old 4th July 2014, 09:45 PM

Default flatback?

ive just been reading the flatback section.as my surgeon mentioned at my last visit that i have a flat back, i didnt really think anything of it as ive always been kinda straight up and down no curves lol, now ive read up on it and with my currents symtoms im really worried il have to have more surgery, is gilly still around on hear as i think she may have had simular problems? i had a bad recovery with my last surgery and the thought of more fills me with dread!
Old 4th July 2014, 10:05 PM
Admin & Da Police Force!

Default Re: flatback?

Hello, I'm here! I've just replied on your other thread! I did indeed have some problems with an area of non-union and this caused the symptoms of flatback - ie a marked forward lean and terrible pain An osteotomy at L3 sorted me out though and my posture is so much better now, plus the pain is a ting of the past
Old 4th July 2014, 10:12 PM

aww! gilly how are you its been a few years ! i got alot of support from you guys before, thankyou, yes im now leaning forward ,in more pain now than before the fusion, at what stage do they tend to operate? id say although im not a surgeon i have all the symtoms of needing something fixing,what sort of pain releif did you try ?
Old 4th July 2014, 10:16 PM
Admin & Da Police Force!

I was on ridiculous amounts of pain relief, morphine patches, the lot My GP thought it was a muscular-type injury at first and when the pain didn't get better I was sent to physio, which didn't help at all. No-one thought to do an X-ray until I was eventually referred back to my surgeon 8 months later, by which time I was in such a bad state he was visibly shocked. Turned out I had broken both rods due to fusion failure at L3