Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Things you CAN do with a fused spine

Default Re: Things you CAN do with a fused spine

Hi all, did a quick search and couldnt find my question so sorry if it has been asked but can you still go for a normal back massage with a fused spine? :/

I was just curious, and I know this is a strange question -- but sex is still very possible with a fused spine, correct? As well as pregnancies?

Oh absolutely!!
    Me, a Mod? Nah ... I'll always be a rocker

Being a dancer and figure skater, having my spine fused from T6 to L4 seemed like the worst thing that could ever happen.
    I can't skate anymore, and I would love to say I can do everything I used to, but I can't. Instead, I do other things! Like last week I gave a body confidence assembly in my school, using my back to illustrate a point. I use my fused spine to enhance my dance style, and in the summer, I went trekking in Ethiopia and found myself 4500m high in the African mountains.
    Restricted by my back? More like ENCOURAGED to live life to the FULL.

GO GET 'EM!!!

Emily x

Just to let you all know - I am 21 months (almost two years :O) post op today, and I am fused t4-l1. I am 18 now, and have just started waitressing.. full time!! I never thought I would be able to be carrying heavy things, walking around and just generally being on my feet for 8 hours straight, and although it was pretty tough for a few weeks, a month later it's pretty easy to get through the day, and I don't get much pain at all!! I am now working 8 hours a day Monday to Friday, success