Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 94

Thread: Kyphosis Gallery

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    South Shields via Bradford
    Posts
    14,036

    Default Re: Kyphosis Gallery

    Hi alex

    You look to have a significant kyphosis, have had your curves measured, do you have tight calves, that is another symptom, i couldn't bend and touch my feet before surgery and i defo can't do it now

    Your right about the painkiller thing, its not nice walking round in a drug induced haze, i think you need to go re visit your surgeon and discuss your options

    Have you tried any kind of pilates or yoga?

    take it easy dude

    Mark
    Latitude: 54 57' 34" N Longitude: 1 25' 16" W


    Mark's a groovin an a movin

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milano (Italy)
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: Kyphosis Gallery

    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Hi alex

    You look to have a significant kyphosis, have had your curves measured, do you have tight calves, that is another symptom, i couldn't bend and touch my feet before surgery and i defo can't do it now

    Your right about the painkiller thing, its not nice walking round in a drug induced haze, i think you need to go re visit your surgeon and discuss your options

    Have you tried any kind of pilates or yoga?

    take it easy dude

    Mark
    Hi Mark,
    you can't immagine how is important for me i can discuss about my kyphosis with somebody and i thank you for this.
    This problem caused in me malaise during years for my physical aspect especially! My curves had have measured many years ago and i don't remember how much degrees they were. The orthopedist prescribed vertebral exercises and swimming that i did for years but my kyphosis had not any benefit!
    My calves are enough tight not a lot but they are often painful also because i've totally flat feet and i thing this can be the main reason for that.
    You said right about painkillers but i've not other choise at the moment. I can't be operated because i'm affected by diabetes and severe hypertension.
    I haven't tried any kind of pilates or yoga.
    However i'll go re visit again.
    Thank you very much for your reply...and excuse me for my english!!!
    Alex

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    6,049

    Default Re: Kyphosis Gallery

    Just saying, Alex, your English is great! Also have you had anything to help your flat feet?
    Tiff
    I'm Tiff, I'm 17, my consultant's Mr Gibson at RNOH Stanmore and I was diagnosed in November 2011 and I had my spinal fusion October 3rd 2012 and am now fused T2-T11 with amazing correction (60T/40L to 30T/40L).

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    South Shields via Bradford
    Posts
    14,036

    Default Re: Kyphosis Gallery

    Hi Alex

    Your English is fine don't worry

    I have had another thought, have you heard of Alexander Technique

    If not try googling it, a lot f people on here who can not have surgery for one reason or another do it. I don't understand it myself but if you search this site i think a number of threads have been started and will give you details

    If surgery is out of the question hen you need to look at strengthening your core muscles which in turn will give some support to the spine

    Again if you google core muscle exercises you should be able to come up with something

    I know how long term chronic back pain can get you down, keep coming here though mate, your one of us know dude, we will help and support you through your journey,

    Keep remembering your not alone mate, i thought i was alone for years then i came here and found these people, the love and support is second to none

    take care mae and keep on keeping on

    mark
    Latitude: 54 57' 34" N Longitude: 1 25' 16" W


    Mark's a groovin an a movin

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milano (Italy)
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: Kyphosis Gallery

    Quote Originally Posted by tiffany.m View Post
    Just saying, Alex, your English is great! Also have you had anything to help your flat feet?
    Tiff
    Hi Tiff,
    ...ooohhh yes,i had!!!...i used orthopedic insoles for years but my feet remained the same!!!

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milano (Italy)
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: Kyphosis Gallery

    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Hi Alex

    Your English is fine don't worry

    I have had another thought, have you heard of Alexander Technique

    If not try googling it, a lot f people on here who can not have surgery for one reason or another do it. I don't understand it myself but if you search this site i think a number of threads have been started and will give you details

    If surgery is out of the question hen you need to look at strengthening your core muscles which in turn will give some support to the spine

    Again if you google core muscle exercises you should be able to come up with something

    I know how long term chronic back pain can get you down, keep coming here though mate, your one of us know dude, we will help and support you through your journey,

    Keep remembering your not alone mate, i thought i was alone for years then i came here and found these people, the love and support is second to none

    take care mae and keep on keeping on

    mark
    Thank you Mark for your beautiful words!!! It was very important to have found people like you for me too!!!...now i feel not alone!!!...i'm sorry that we're so distant but technology helps us!!!
    I don't know Alexander technique but i'll look for this.
    I hope we can discuss soon and i'll update you on my kyphosis!
    Thank you yet Mark!
    Alex

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    South Shields via Bradford
    Posts
    14,036

    Default Re: Kyphosis Gallery

    No problem mate

    Just make sure you look after yourself

    This journey is like a roller coaster loads of massive highs and stomach churning lows but it does stop to us get of once in a while

    I wish it was more like a gentle steam train but hee hoo we can't have everything can we
    Latitude: 54 57' 34" N Longitude: 1 25' 16" W


    Mark's a groovin an a movin

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milano (Italy)
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: Kyphosis Gallery

    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    No problem mate

    Just make sure you look after yourself

    This journey is like a roller coaster loads of massive highs and stomach churning lows but it does stop to us get of once in a while

    I wish it was more like a gentle steam train but hee hoo we can't have everything can we
    Ok.
    Thank you Mark
    Alex

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milano (Italy)
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: Kyphosis Gallery

    Hi to everyone!
    Finally,i decided to go under a specialist.
    First research: X-ray two of which i wish to post here.

    Diagnosis: severe dorsal hyperkyphosis with cervical spondylosis and arthritis.
    Somatic dorsal physical breakdown about 6mm.
    Calcium content reduced.
    Next research: Magnetic resonance and physiatric visit.

    At the moment i've always hard pains to right part of my neck and to my right arm,also if i can sleep very better with memory foam pillows. I've lost about 40% of force from my right arm and part of its feeling.
    I hope in the physiatric cares...i'll inform you about them!
    Thank you,
    Alex

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milano (Italy)
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: Kyphosis Gallery

    ...the other image...

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Weird Wiltshire
    Posts
    9,030

    Default Re: Kyphosis Gallery

    A sneaky extra http:// had sneaked into the image urls, all fixed now

    That is a nasty looking curve there Much empathy too on the cervical stuff - quite a few of us here have neck problems, I'm just dealing with a pretty unpleasant headache due to my neck at the moment. I hope the physio is able to help you and that the MRI can shed some light on exactly what is causing your arm problems.
    Diagnosed at 15 with 50 curve, but probably juvenile IS. Fused in kyphosis (by non-specialised ortho) with a/p surgery T10-L2 @ 21, posterior only revision surgery to correct kyphosis @ 29. Now 38 with further revision surgery and extension of fusion to sacrum required to correct residual kyphosis, restore lordosis and address spinal stenosis.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milano (Italy)
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: Kyphosis Gallery

    Quote Originally Posted by GillyG View Post
    I can't see any images ...
    Hi Gilly,,
    now it's possible to see them.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milano (Italy)
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: Kyphosis Gallery

    Quote Originally Posted by titch View Post
    A sneaky extra http:// had sneaked into the image urls, all fixed now

    That is a nasty looking curve there Much empathy too on the cervical stuff - quite a few of us here have neck problems, I'm just dealing with a pretty unpleasant headache due to my neck at the moment. I hope the physio is able to help you and that the MRI can shed some light on exactly what is causing your arm problems.
    Hi titch,
    thank you very much for your comment and for your hope i could solve my problems.
    I know that spine problems give neck problems inexorably...i hope you could be better too.
    ...and thank you for images
    Alex

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Sheffield, UK
    Posts
    16,238

    Default Re: Kyphosis Gallery

    Ooo Alex, that neck does look painful I'm having a few issues with headaches at the moment so I can fully empathise.
    Me, a Mod? Nah ... I'll always be a rocker

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milano (Italy)
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: Kyphosis Gallery

    Quote Originally Posted by GillyG View Post
    Ooo Alex, that neck does look painful I'm having a few issues with headaches at the moment so I can fully empathise.
    Hi Gilly,
    yes,my neck is always painful,right part especially and than my right back,the right arm until the hand...it's so painful that i must take cortisone many times!...i can understand you!
    Thank you very much,
    Alex

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •