Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of my back, the psychological and physical pain of living with kyphosis

I'm very happy to hear you've finally gotten a referral to someone who's appropriately experienced.By the way, I found your old pics of your back that you sent to me four years ago.Want them to comapre?
    Sins
    Scoliosis Support Association Ireland

Yes please Sinead, you can either e mail me them or put them in the picture gallery i started in this forum

Thanks Sinead

Mark
    Latitude: 54 57' 34" N Longitude: 1 25' 16" W

Mark's a groovin an a movin

They're in the picture gallery at the start of your thread mark
    Sins
    Scoliosis Support Association Ireland

thanks sinead

Wow look at the hair, its amazing what you do to yourself in the name of fashion.

Mark, I am really happy for you. How's your depression and general health? Please take care of yourself. You are going to need to be strong for whatever they decide to do!
    I am 61 years old and the resident SSO fossil. I live in Oklahoma,USA with my husband Allen. We have one daughter Jae and she has three kids.Our grandkids are: Aidan is8. He's the one pictured in my current avatar. Jenna Jean is 7 and Ryan Allen is just 4 It's full time chaos here! I was diagnosed in 1965 at 14 years with Kyphoscoliosis and 2 curves measuring 68 and 63 degrees. My last measurements were in 2004 at 155, 88 and 55+ degrees. I have never had surgery or bracing so I now am on full time oxygen and use a Non Invasive Ventilator at night. at night.

Brilliant news Mark Hope all goes well for you.

(I much prefer the longer-haired Mark BTW!!&#33
    Me, a Mod? Nah ... I'll always be a rocker

I have posted about this in our blue room mark

Fantastis fantastic your on the road i know you have them nhs feelings from a long time ago but its changed since then go go go go for it mate.

You hand the otheres have been our inspiration and we will be yours mate

Hi Mark,

been reading your posts on this thread and the bullying thread, and others. I've said it before in a reply to someone and I'll say it again...you and everyone that goes forward to get themselves "straightened out" display such courage in doing so. Not just the surgury, but in your daily lives leading up to it and after.

Those people that have made your lives a misery by their attitudes towards you really don't have 1/10th of the backbone (no pun intended) that you all display. And you are all so willing to help and support each other regardless of what you yourselves are going through.

Truly humbling.

Hope all goes well when you see the Consultant in Newcastle.
    Emily-Evanopsi's uncle.

Thanks for all your support people

I wouldn't be able to go through all this over again without you lot

To tell you the truth perversly i am kind of glad that i am a little on the wonky side because if i wasn't i would not have met you lovely people

Love to you all

mark

Mark, Just don't get to un-wonky. Some of us that are permanently wonkified don't want you to get all hot and sexy looking and then forget about us! You know I enjoy being your twisted sister!
    I am 61 years old and the resident SSO fossil. I live in Oklahoma,USA with my husband Allen. We have one daughter Jae and she has three kids.Our grandkids are: Aidan is8. He's the one pictured in my current avatar. Jenna Jean is 7 and Ryan Allen is just 4 It's full time chaos here! I was diagnosed in 1965 at 14 years with Kyphoscoliosis and 2 curves measuring 68 and 63 degrees. My last measurements were in 2004 at 155, 88 and 55+ degrees. I have never had surgery or bracing so I now am on full time oxygen and use a Non Invasive Ventilator at night. at night.

I'm here for the long haul Jean don't worry about that

I couldn't ever imagine not coming here

Its a part of my life

Mark

Originally posted by mark@Mar 12 2008, 10:59 PM

To tell you the truth perversly i am kind of glad that i am a little on the wonky side because if i wasn't i would not have met you lovely people
    Phew, Mark, you don't know how relieved I was when I read that, I thought I was the only weirdo who felt that way

How did you get on Mark?

Hi Phoenix

I got a referal to the surgeon who is nearest to me and has experience in kyphosis surgery.

I had a really good gps appointment and he is realy supportive of me and that is half the battle so if this avenue gets clossrd he's willing to refer me else where

He's a really cool dr he listens takes in and understands

mark

Fantastic news Mark Especially that he will refer you elsewhere if this doesn't happen to turn out as you would like - but I'm sure it will. I think you are on your way now....