Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of my back, the psychological and physical pain of living with kyphosis

Default Re: Pictures of my back, the psychological and physical pain of living with kyphosis

Ohh, could be - I remember Mr Cole telling me that in some cases, for no apparent reason, there was pain at the harvesting site which could be quite severe. I'm lucky in that I've never had any problems with my hip/harvest site. Did he say anything could be done to relieve it?
    Me, a Mod? Nah ... I'll always be a rocker

Default Re: Pictures of my back, the psychological and physical pain of living with kyphosis

Quote Originally Posted by GillyG View Post
    Did he say anything could be done to relieve it?
    Nah i'm stuck with it for life

Its pain killers or nowt
    Latitude: 54 57' 34" N Longitude: 1 25' 16" W

Mark's a groovin an a movin

Yes i know, can't fret though, s**t happens, i knew when i had the surgery things might not be the same afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    I just had another thought, he did say that he took the graft from my hip and that could be what is causing the pain too

I found that caused lots of pain for a long time, both the first long fusion when they took a lot of bone from my right hip and then the recent one which was a smaller amount from my left hip.
    Hopefully your graft site will settle down in time. I needed some ultra sound treatment on mine a while back to release scar tissue and that did help. xx

Hi Mark

Sorry only just noticed this! I'm really glad your appt went well It must be such a relief to hear you don't need any further surgery for now.

I'm sorry to hear about the pain though pain SUCKS ! I really hope the pain management helps you to cope with it.xx
    Hiya i'm Louise, i'm 27 & had posterior surgery + costoplasty for an 84degree double curve on 29th July 2010 at RJAH Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry. Under the care of Mr Trivedi. I'm now fused T3 to L3.
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/louise.laurie
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/missloobie
    My Blog: http://helpformyscoliosis.blogspot.com/

Haven't updated this thread for a while

So here goes, as far as the back goes things are going pretty smoothly, back running and upto about 36 miles a week, of all the painkillers and feeling for the first time in a long time like i have turned a massive corner, i'm getting back to pre op fitness levels slowly, still have a lot of body hangup to get over but heh it wouldn't be me if i didn't have a little crisis brewing, i think getting of all the drugs has helped, the fog is lifted, the pain is still around but i have taken ownership of it and embrased it (if that makes sense)

Out of the darkness and into the light and i'm right up for the fight

Yay, Marky's back (no pun intended )

Ohhh Marky - you rock dude !!!
    "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary..." - Steve Jobs

Oh Mark, well done my whole face is beaming reading this.

Hiya Mark so pleased that you feel your have turned a corner. Great stuff running all those miles a week I think you have done remarkably well, especially seeing how poorly you were at one time. It must be so uplifting for you to be getting back to your pre op fitness. Well done you!! Sue

thanks everyone, i couldn't have it done it with out you lot, it bings a tear to my eye everytime i think about you guys, your all the best friends a man could hope to have

Hi I have just joined this site recently and did not know a lot about kyphosis. You were brave to post the before photos and your story is inspiring

Hi to everyone. My name is Alex. I'm 47 y.o. and i'm affected by dorsal hyperkyphosis that influenced all my life both psychological and physical side. You can imagine the pain and what means to live with a body like mine!
    Alex

another my pics...