Thread: One year post op

Default One year post op

Hello everyone! Today is the year anniversary of my surgery. It seems like it has flown by in a lot of ways.
    Mari
    29 years old, diagnosed with AIS at age 14. Now have a 58* thoracic curve, a 37* lumbar curve, and a 20* high thoracic compensatory curve. Due for surgery at the Baylor Scoliosis Center in September 2013.

Default Re: One year post op

Congratulations! How are you now? Where are you fused? I am 6 weeks as of this Tuesday, long road you should be proud. There's a super sweet gal on here named Hayley and she too was fused at Baylor. Best of luck, would love advice! ? I am beginning to sneeze again and dear Lord it's painful! Lol! Congrats again!!!
    Krier

Wow, is it really a year? Happy rod-a-versary Mari
    Me, a Mod? Nah ... I'll always be a rocker

A year already? Wow! I hope you are doing well.
    - Kay

I was diagnosed with Scheuermann's Kyphosis at age 16. I had an 80-degree thoracolumbar kyphosis and mild scoliosis. My posterior fusion surgery was performed by Dr. Sethi in Seattle on Earth Day 2014. It reduced my kyphosis to 50 degrees and my scoliosis to about zero.

Thanks everyone! I'm doing well.

I don't think that I have much advice regarding sneezing... it's still awkward for me, too! It's not as painful as it used to be, but it is still really stiff compared to what I was used to.

I hope everyone else is doing well too!
    Mari
    29 years old, diagnosed with AIS at age 14. Now have a 58* thoracic curve, a 37* lumbar curve, and a 20* high thoracic compensatory curve. Due for surgery at the Baylor Scoliosis Center in September 2013.