Thread: Broken foot sucks

Default Broken foot sucks

Right now my foot hurts pretty bad right now and the fracture is pretty bad. The type is a jones fracture. they are is a area of poor blood supply and there is a high procent that is won't heal it like 15 to 20 which is a lot if you think about it. I'm in different walking boot until I go back on August 7. I find out if I need foot surgery that day as well.
    Kara
    22 years old
    Posterior Spinal Fusion March 10,2010
    Foot Surgery November 25,2014

Default Re: Broken foot sucks

Poor Kara, I wish your foot would heal and stop giving you so much pain
    Me, a Mod? Nah ... I'll always be a rocker

Thanks gilly
    Only one week until I find if I need a screw put in. that 1,800,000 to 2,400,000 don't really heal because the type of break in my foot is a special type of fracture it called a jones fracture. The history of it interesting it was named after a orthopedic surgeon named sir Robert jones
    Kara
    22 years old

tonibunny is offline T Sr: Admin, Big Sister and Da Police!

Sir Robert Jones was a well-known surgeon who founded a famous orthopaedic hospital here in the UK, Kara I was training as an orthopaedic technician there for a while. It was one of the world-class ortho hospitals many years ago, and it was the place where the first ever anterior scoliosis surgery in the world was done by a surgeon called Robert Roaf.

The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Hospital doesn't have the same great reputation that it once had in the scoliosis world because it is located in a very rural location rather than in a major city, but historically it was very important.

So, at least your fracture is named after someone very cool
    37 years old, diagnosed with infantile idiopathic scoliosis at 6 months old with curves of 62(T) and 40(L) degrees. Casting and Milwaukee braces until surgery at 10 - ant release/pos fusion T1-T12, halo traction. Post op cast and then TLSO. Further surgery at 18 (ant release/pos fusion extended to L3 to include lumbar curve, costoplasty) and 25 (another costoplasty). Fusion extended to L4 at 33 (XLIF with 4 pedicle screws and two short rods). Pre-op curves: 76(T) and 70(L). Post-op curves: 45(T) and 35(L). Diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aged 34; scoliosis almost certainly due to this rather than being idiopathic.

I didn't no that toni
    But 1,800,000 to 2,400,000 don't heal
    Kara
    22 years old

But, at least 8 out of 10 cases DO heal, Kara try not to fret. And it will only be a small surgery if you do need it done, especially after going through spinal fusion like a superhero
    37 years old, diagnosed with infantile idiopathic scoliosis at 6 months old with curves of 62(T) and 40(L) degrees. Casting and Milwaukee braces until surgery at 10 - ant release/pos fusion T1-T12, halo traction. Post op cast and then TLSO. Further surgery at 18 (ant release/pos fusion extended to L3 to include lumbar curve, costoplasty) and 25 (another costoplasty). Fusion extended to L4 at 33 (XLIF with 4 pedicle screws and two short rods). Pre-op curves: 76(T) and 70(L). Post-op curves: 45(T) and 35(L). Diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aged 34; scoliosis almost certainly due to this rather than being idiopathic.

But 15 to 20 procent is still a lot
    Which is 1,800,000 people to 2,400,000 people which is quiet a lot if you think about it
    Kara
    22 years old

Many more millions have scoliosis Kara. The number of people affected by this don't make any difference to you at all, not one bit; the percentages do, and the percentages are well in your favour. There's only a 2 in 10 chance at most that your foot won't heal - try to look on the bright side and even then, you'd only need a tiny surgery compared with your back op.

Here in America 6 million people have scoliosis
    Kara
    22 years old

There is still only a 2 in 10 chance your foot won't heal Kara, please do try not to fret

That the problem Toni but if I can show you what my foot looks like.
    Kara
    22 years old