Thread: Update and scared

Default Update and scared

hey everyone I just want to update on my foot appt. I checked in at the fount desk. after waiting for a while a nurse called my name. I got my vitals taken I had a fever but I felt fine. I had x-rays done. went back to the nurse station.After waiting for a while I was taken to a exam room. After that I took my shoe and boot off. a while later Dr Sheridan came in to the room he put my x-rays up. he then examined my feet. Then he said it looks like new bone is starting to form. He then went to get Dr Giza. Dr Giza and Sheridan came in the room. Dr Giza said that he want to see if this will heal on it own. he said if it don't he need to put a screw in my foot. Im in a different boot until I go back on august 7th.
    I really need a hug because I'm scared. Plus it turns out to be a jones fracture
    Kara
    22 years old
    Spinal Fusion March 10 2010
    Foot Surgery November 25 2014

Default Re: Update and scared

Hey, I can't offer any advice because I know nothing about feet but here's a hug Hope you feel better soon.

tonibunny is offline T Sr: Admin, Big Sister and Da Police!

I'm sorry to hear this Kara, and I hope you don't need to have the screw put in your foot. It should help a lot though, if you do. Take care, here's a hug and some flowers

Toni xx
    37 years old, diagnosed with infantile idiopathic scoliosis at 6 months old with curves of 62(T) and 40(L) degrees. Casting and Milwaukee braces until surgery at 10 - ant release/pos fusion T1-T12, halo traction. Post op cast and then TLSO. Further surgery at 18 (ant release/pos fusion extended to L3 to include lumbar curve, costoplasty) and 25 (another costoplasty). Fusion extended to L4 at 33 (XLIF with 4 pedicle screws and two short rods). Pre-op curves: 76(T) and 70(L). Post-op curves: 45(T) and 35(L). Diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aged 34; scoliosis almost certainly due to this rather than being idiopathic.

Sorry to hear about this, fingers crossed it will heal
    And here's a hug!
    Thoracic 72 degrees, lumber 30 degrees-fused aged 44, T2-L4, posterior fusion with costoplasty (8 ribs were chopped) on 3/11/10 under the care of Mr Ahmed at North Staffs Hospital. Now nice and straight

Hugs from me too Kara
    Me, a Mod? Nah ... I'll always be a rocker

Thanks
    Kara
    22 years old
    Spinal Fusion March 10 2010
    Foot Surgery November 25 2014