Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cold weather

Default Re: cold weather

Quote Originally Posted by Angeceilien View Post
    Bear traps sounds painful
    Not as painful as a muscle spasm. I have had muscle spasms “before” my surgeries that felt like a knife being pushed in, and I was on the bed flopping around like a fish out of water. Redline level pain. Maximum pain.

After that event, I had accupressure done. And by a Chinese girl, trained in China..... It makes a difference you know. (smiley face)

She asked me if I wanted to get married, and I told her that I was afraid because if she got mad at me, she would give me the finger....he he

She would push kind of hard sometimes and it would hurt quite a bit. She would tell me “It is a necessary”.

It worked.

Ed

55 yr old male
    T70 L70 double trouble
    A/P T2-Pelvis BMP Jan 2008

Lol on the masseuse

Funny enough the full on muscle spasms didn't happen till after I woke up from surgery then they eased up abit and came back with a vengeance these exams.

I have no idea how to descibe them to someone who has never experienced that kind of white hot pain near the spine.

Since exams are over I've taken 2days over plus weekend. Even resting near and actual heater with a duvet and I'm taking the prescribed muscle relaxants its still uncomfortable but alo I better.

I wish I could go and be active on my days off not confined to a warm spot.

Ange

I qualified for a rewrite anway. I passed everything else so that is good.

Now just have to find a way to prevent this sort of thing in future.

Ange

I am only 5 weeks post op and I hate getting cold because it makes me shiver and it HURTS!

Pre Op I always knew when it was going to snow because my hip and my hands would start to hurt (hopefully my hip won't hurt anymore now that it's more in line!)

Hey curvycat,

I remember those days, sneezing was the worst thing in r he world.

I found before surgery I would have right sides pain burning pain. Now after left sided stabbing.

Theres probably alot of factors involved

Ange

Even after 3 years and 8 months my back just can't tolerate the cold-especially in the middle where my screws jutt out, maybe my surgeon suggesting lack of fat could be a problem is right.

We've bought one of those blow up hot tubs and I was really looking forward to going in it so I gave it a try last night and boy when I got out the cold hit the middle of my back like a truck so it took away the good the massage bubbles did as soon as I got out. Its like instead of the normal shivering it goes into a full on spasm and took ages to calm down. I guess it will have to be a very warm day for me to go in again
    Thoracic 72 degrees, lumber 30 degrees-fused aged 44, T2-L4, posterior fusion with costoplasty (8 ribs were chopped) on 3/11/10 under the care of Mr Ahmed at North Staffs Hospital. Now nice and straight

I wish there was an on the go solution for this kind of pain. At home I have my hot showers, electric blanket and fan heater. Out there all I have is coffee which is almost like an internal warmer....cant drink it during exam though. The temperature in the exam hall which doubles as a sports hall was around 4degrees cel! Everyone was sitting on their hands to stay warm.

Hoping for no snow for the rewrite

Ange

Ange, have you tried using those stick on heat pads during your exams? I use them when my neck goes into spasm, but you can get bigger ones for the back. The ones I use are made by Thermacare and the warmth last for hours and hours...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermacare-B...are+back+wraps
    Me, a Mod? Nah ... I'll always be a rocker

[QUOTE=GillyG;271701]Ange, have you tried using those stick on heat pads during your exams? I use them when my neck goes into spasm, but you can get bigger ones for the back. The ones I use are made by Thermacare and the warmth last for hours and hours...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermacare-B...are+back+wraps[/

I haven't tried these ones but the other heat patches you can buy do nothing because where I need them is dead numb
    They might be good for you though Ange.
    Thoracic 72 degrees, lumber 30 degrees-fused aged 44, T2-L4, posterior fusion with costoplasty (8 ribs were chopped) on 3/11/10 under the care of Mr Ahmed at North Staffs Hospital. Now nice and straight

Thank u,that is a good idea-I did buy some overseas for the shoulder trouble but they didn't seem to heat up very well-could be the numbess though. I will try the brand u suggested out.

Ange

I've used the smallest ones too, to help with shoulder pain/ upper back pain and boy do they work worth trying them out as they hopefully will help you
    Diagnosed at 14 in '08 with Neuromuscular Kyposcoliosis (due to my Neurofibromatosis Type 1) in the Thoraco-lumber region (T-65* L60*).
    Halo traction for a week then I had surgery 08/05/14, fused C5-T12 correcting curves by about half! By the wonderful and amazing, Mr Bernard. And then an Anterior Iliac Strut graft in my neck/ chest on the 05/06/14