Thread: my photobucket album

Default my photobucket album

Hey everyone,

I hope this works. Here's some photos of my fusion. I now have a waist line!!! My rib hump has gone but I have soft tissue swelling in it's place. I can't stand up straight at the moment so I am only 1" taller post-op,but maybe after the physio and hydro therapy I will be even taller!!. Most importantly the rotation has been corrected.

Thanks to those of you who helped via a photobucket account.

Lucie x

http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/lu...=recent&page=1
    I'm 44, I had a scoliosis: thoracic at 49 degrees, lumbar 47 with severe rib rotation. My surgery took place on 28th March 2014, I have 26 screws and 2 titanium rods.

Default Re: my photobucket album

Lookin' good!!
    Me, a Mod? Nah ... I'll always be a rocker

Wow, Lucie - you incision is healing up so nicely, It's already such a thin scar! Your before/after xrays are such a dramatic difference. So exciting!!

And on an unrelated note... I have the EXACT same pajama pants as you (the ones with the stars). We both obviously have excellent fashion sense!
    - Kay

I was diagnosed with Scheuermann's Kyphosis at age 16. I had an 80-degree thoracolumbar kyphosis and mild scoliosis. 30 years later, I had posterior fusion surgery, expertly handled by Dr. Sethi on Earth Day 2014. The surgery reduced my kyphosis to 50 degrees and my scoliosis to about zero.

Looking great, that's a scar to be proud of!
    Thoracic 72 degrees, lumber 30 degrees-fused aged 44, T2-L4, posterior fusion with costoplasty (8 ribs were chopped) on 3/11/10 under the care of Mr Ahmed at North Staffs Hospital. Now nice and straight

Looks like you healing very well, hope your recovery is going smoothly for you.