Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The all official 'Good luck JayMoe' thread!

Default Re: The all official 'Good luck JayMoe' thread!

Hi,

Hope all goes well x
    Burdle -

Very best wishes to you. Remember positivity is key x

Well I'm off to be admitted now. Will be back soon
    Diagnosed at 14 in '08 with Neuromuscular Kyposcoliosis (due to my Neurofibromatosis Type 1) in the Thoraco-lumber region (T-65* L60*).
    Halo traction for a week then I had surgery 08/05/14, fused C5-T12 correcting curves by about half! By the wonderful and amazing, Mr Bernard. And then an Anterior Iliac Strut graft in my neck/ chest on the 05/06/14

good luck jay your a really brave young man
    Kara
    22 years old
    Posterior Spinal Fusion March 10,2010
    Foot Surgery November 25,2014

So I didn't have the op today as there was a bit of miss communication between the surgeons and me so I actually had a halo fitted today and will be having it done in a weeks time
    Diagnosed at 14 in '08 with Neuromuscular Kyposcoliosis (due to my Neurofibromatosis Type 1) in the Thoraco-lumber region (T-65* L60*).
    Halo traction for a week then I had surgery 08/05/14, fused C5-T12 correcting curves by about half! By the wonderful and amazing, Mr Bernard. And then an Anterior Iliac Strut graft in my neck/ chest on the 05/06/14

tonibunny is offline T Sr: Admin, Big Sister and Da Police!

Ooof! That must have been a bit of a shock Jay! How is the halo? I hope you're not too uncomfy. I assume you're able to sit upright during the day (halo gravity traction)?

Did you have the halo fitted under local or general? I had mine put on under general, but it was done directly after my anterior release surgery.
    37 years old, diagnosed with infantile idiopathic scoliosis at 6 months old with curves of 62(T) and 40(L) degrees. Casting and Milwaukee braces until surgery at 10 - ant release/pos fusion T1-T12, halo traction. Post op cast and then TLSO. Further surgery at 18 (ant release/pos fusion extended to L3 to include lumbar curve, costoplasty) and 25 (another costoplasty). Fusion extended to L4 at 33 (XLIF with 4 pedicle screws and two short rods). Pre-op curves: 76(T) and 70(L). Post-op curves: 45(T) and 35(L). Diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aged 34; scoliosis almost certainly due to this rather than being idiopathic.

Yeah it was, but hey if its going to do me good i dont mind. Its pretty uncomfortable but I'll be able to cope with it even if I need drugs to help numb it down. Yes I am thankfully Able to sit up and i had it fitted under local which was painful!! But one highlight was I was pPhotographed in it for teaching etc so im now famous in St Gs :P

Blimey, that must have come as quite a shock Sounds like you're coping admirably though, do you have to stay in the hospital now until your op? (Sorry if that's a dumb question but I don't really know much about all this halo malarkey )
    Me, a Mod? Nah ... I'll always be a rocker

Yeah I was really confussed about it all. Bit yes I'm in until my op now but the people on my ward are happy chappies(All male ward) and so are the nurses

Omg jay I'm so sorry
    Kara
    22 years old
    Posterior Spinal Fusion March 10,2010
    Foot Surgery November 25,2014

Good Luck Jay!!! Hoping everything goes really well for you xx
    I'm 44, I had a scoliosis: thoracic at 49 degrees, lumbar 47 with severe rib rotation. My surgery took place on 28th March 2014, I have 26 screws and 2 titanium rods.

Well, at least you're in there now and know it will definitely go ahead! And think of the amazing correction you should get at the end of it all
    Me, a Mod? Nah ... I'll always be a rocker

Yeah that's all I'm thankful of Gilly

And a little update.... Halo has been causing lots of pain, so they had to take a kilo off and now feel better. But I have been sick twice today and felt nausious this is most likely due to the morphine. But the good new is from snoozing all day I have no nausia any more and the pain has gone and ivhave been able to eat a fair amount of my lunch and I feel great from doing so

tonibunny is offline T Sr: Admin, Big Sister and Da Police!

Oh well done Jay I'm so glad you're feeling better!! Hope you've got some good books and stuff to keep you occupied? Have you got an iPad/tablet with Internet access? xx
    37 years old, diagnosed with infantile idiopathic scoliosis at 6 months old with curves of 62(T) and 40(L) degrees. Casting and Milwaukee braces until surgery at 10 - ant release/pos fusion T1-T12, halo traction. Post op cast and then TLSO. Further surgery at 18 (ant release/pos fusion extended to L3 to include lumbar curve, costoplasty) and 25 (another costoplasty). Fusion extended to L4 at 33 (XLIF with 4 pedicle screws and two short rods). Pre-op curves: 76(T) and 70(L). Post-op curves: 45(T) and 35(L). Diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aged 34; scoliosis almost certainly due to this rather than being idiopathic.

I've got my kindle with a few books on it so that'll keep me occupied for a hit. And I don't right now but I might see if myparebts will pay for some but don't want to risk leaving my laptop while I'm asleep here