Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The all official 'Good luck JayMoe' thread!

Default The all official 'Good luck JayMoe' thread!

Just wanted to give everyone plenty of chance to wish Jay the best of luck for his surgery - hurry back to us Jay, we'll be waiting with bated breath to hear all about it
    Me, a Mod? Nah ... I'll always be a rocker

Default Re: The all official 'Good luck JayMoe' thread!

Good luck jay
    Kara
    22 years old
    Spinal Fusion March 10 2010
    Foot Surgery November 25 2014

Good luck Jay! You're gonna do just fine Sending you best wishes and hope to hear from you once you're up to it

tonibunny is offline T Sr: Admin, Big Sister and Da Police!

Thinking of you Jay!
    37 years old, diagnosed with infantile idiopathic scoliosis at 6 months old with curves of 62(T) and 40(L) degrees. Casting and Milwaukee braces until surgery at 10 - ant release/pos fusion T1-T12, halo traction. Post op cast and then TLSO. Further surgery at 18 (ant release/pos fusion extended to L3 to include lumbar curve, costoplasty) and 25 (another costoplasty). Fusion extended to L4 at 33 (XLIF with 4 pedicle screws and two short rods). Pre-op curves: 76(T) and 70(L). Post-op curves: 45(T) and 35(L). Diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aged 34; scoliosis almost certainly due to this rather than being idiopathic.

Thanks very much guys! Its all looking so real now, as i had my final day at work today which was a real hit in a sense as I've loved working there and will miss it a lot but cant wait to be able to get back and see them in about 6-8 months time!

But will be back on as soon as possible and let you all know how I've gotten on.

BRING IT ON!!!
    Diagnosed at 14 in '08 with Neuromuscular Kyposcoliosis (due to my Neurofibromatosis Type 1) in the Thoraco-lumber region (T-65* L60*).
    Halo traction for a week then I had surgery 08/05/14, fused C5-T12 correcting curves by about half! By the wonderful and amazing, Mr Bernard. And then an Anterior Iliac Strut graft in my neck/ chest on the 05/06/14

Good luck Jay
    Stay positive and you will do just fine x
    Thoracic 72 degrees, lumber 30 degrees-fused aged 44, T2-L4, posterior fusion with costoplasty (8 ribs were chopped) on 3/11/10 under the care of Mr Ahmed at North Staffs Hospital. Now nice and straight

Hang in there Jay...

Post when you can

Ed

55 yr old male
    T70 L70 double trouble
    A/P T2-Pelvis BMP Jan 2008

GOOD LUCK, Jay!!!!! tho u wont need it, I KNOW you are going to do great. You are well prepared and knowledgeable, and have a good head on shoulders. if u havesome setbacks,it's ok there's always soemthing- just remind yourself why you're there and to stay positive. GO GET 'EM!!
    - Kay

I was diagnosed with Scheuermann's Kyphosis at age 16. I had an 80-degree thoracolumbar kyphosis and mild scoliosis. My posterior fusion surgery was performed by Dr. Sethi in Seattle on Earth Day 2014. It reduced my kyphosis to 50 degrees and my scoliosis to about zero.

I don't post much but I do read the board. I'm praying for you, Jay. You have good years ahead of you! I'm at 18 months recovery and am just thrilled at how much new life I've gained. I'm looking forward to hearing your report in the months ahead. You will do great.

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by JayMoe View Post
    BRING IT ON!!!
    That's the spirit!
    Me, a Mod? Nah ... I'll always be a rocker

I'm fairly new to the site and have only posted a couple of times but wanted to wish you all the best for tomorrow, hope it all goes well with a smooth recovery.

All the best Jay!
    I don't think I have ever replied to your posts because I have never had surgery myself so I have nothing useful to offer. But I read your posts and am hoping so very much this goes brilliantly for you !!!
    I am so excited for your future - just try not to overdo things at first and take things slow. I just know this will be great.
    Sending positive vibes your way

Good luck Jay I hope all goes well
    Mum to Aaron who has congenital kyphosis . Surgery performed by Mr Lehovsky and his team (Matt & Charlie ) on Tuesday 18th February at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore . surgery was anterior and posterior approach carried out in the one surgery .

Aww thanks once again guys for all the supportive messages, it's been a real boost of confidence that things will be okay, and that its okay to have a set back as it happens to the best of people no matter what! But knowing that they will make me into a much better person i am now, I am willing to have them and I'll try my best for them not to get in the way too much. So I'll be in touch soon and let you know how I get on

But i should really start getting my act together, as in my true fashion I havent packed for it yet... And I wake up in about 12 hours time...
    Diagnosed at 14 in '08 with Neuromuscular Kyposcoliosis (due to my Neurofibromatosis Type 1) in the Thoraco-lumber region (T-65* L60*).
    Halo traction for a week then I had surgery 08/05/14, fused C5-T12 correcting curves by about half! By the wonderful and amazing, Mr Bernard. And then an Anterior Iliac Strut graft in my neck/ chest on the 05/06/14

Good luck jaymoe! Holding thumbs!