Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good luck kmaxwell!

Default Good luck kmaxwell!

Good luck! Hope everything goes smoothly and look forward to hearing from you when you're able to update us. Best wishes and thinking of you!

Lauren

P.s. Watch out for the magic pants

Default Re: Good luck kmaxwell!

Best wishes for tomorrow,will be thinking about you and your family xx
    Mum to Aaron who has congenital kyphosis . Surgery performed by Mr Lehovsky and his team (Matt & Charlie ) on Tuesday 18th February at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore . surgery was anterior and posterior approach carried out in the one surgery .

OH! Is it tomorrow? I thought it was the 27th! Good luck and hurry back
    Me, a Mod? Nah ... I'll always be a rocker

Hope it all goes well for you tomorrow! Let us know how youve gotten on soon
    Diagnosed at 14 in '08 with Neuromuscular Kyposcoliosis (due to my Neurofibromatosis Type 1) in the Thoraco-lumber region (T-65* L60*).
    Halo traction for a week then I had surgery 08/05/14, fused C5-T12 correcting curves by about half! By the wonderful and amazing, Mr Bernard. And then an Anterior Iliac Strut graft in my neck/ chest on the 05/06/14

Quote Originally Posted by lozzym-may View Post
    Good luck! Hope everything goes smoothly and look forward to hearing from you when you're able to update us. Best wishes and thinking of you!

Lauren

P.s. Watch out for the magic pants

Thanks, Lauren, Leslie, Gilly and Jay. I really appreciate the well wishes. I'm off to the hospital now, scared out of my gourd but ready to get this done.

Jay, best of luck to you next week!!!

Magic pants here I come!
    - Kay

I was diagnosed with Scheuermann's Kyphosis at age 16. I had an 80-degree thoracolumbar kyphosis and mild scoliosis. My posterior fusion surgery was performed by Dr. Sethi in Seattle on Earth Day 2014. It reduced my kyphosis to 50 degrees and my scoliosis to about zero.

Thinking of you and wishing you the very best can't wait to hear from you xx
    I'm 44, I had a scoliosis: thoracic at 49 degrees, lumbar 47 with severe rib rotation. My surgery took place on 28th March 2014, I have 26 screws and 2 titanium rods.

Talking Re: Good luck kmaxwell!

OH!!!!!!! Good luck! You'll do great!

Best wishes are with you.

xoxoxoxo

Wishing you all the best xx
    Thoracic 72 degrees, lumber 30 degrees-fused aged 44, T2-L4, posterior fusion with costoplasty (8 ribs were chopped) on 3/11/10 under the care of Mr Ahmed at North Staffs Hospital. Now nice and straight

Hope everything went smoothly k xxx ange

hi all, I'm doing good, just wanted to check in. still in hospital after some rare thing where immediate post op my breathing would get too shallow and some low bp stuff, shold be home sat. surgery was only 5 hours??/?! Crazy. surgeon was very excited after, let me know it all went smoothly and my spine was strong andflexible. xrayys this morning show 47 degree postop curve and instrumentation looks good, screwsin all vertebrae xcept one thatg ot a hook.

i cry some but mostly found working on that positive outlok keeps me going. Rehab is ahead of schedule.

will post again from home, trying to figure howto post postop pic, we'll see.....

THANKS for allthe well wishes.
    - Kay

I was diagnosed with Scheuermann's Kyphosis at age 16. I had an 80-degree thoracolumbar kyphosis and mild scoliosis. My posterior fusion surgery was performed by Dr. Sethi in Seattle on Earth Day 2014. It reduced my kyphosis to 50 degrees and my scoliosis to about zero.

Kay

You sound pretty good....Hoo hoo!

Congratulations.

When do you go home?

Ed

55 yr old male
    T70 L70 double trouble
    A/P T2-Pelvis BMP Jan 2008

Yay!! So glad to hear it went well, we'll help you with the post-op pics once you're ready. Now just relax and give your body time to recover from its pummelling!
    Me, a Mod? Nah ... I'll always be a rocker

Glad you are over the op, wishing you a speedy recovery xx

So good to hear all went well hope you have a speedy and comfortable recovery x
    Mum to Aaron who has congenital kyphosis . Surgery performed by Mr Lehovsky and his team (Matt & Charlie ) on Tuesday 18th February at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore . surgery was anterior and posterior approach carried out in the one surgery .

Great to hear from you Kay! Hope you continue to make a good recovery
    Diagnosed at 14 in '08 with Neuromuscular Kyposcoliosis (due to my Neurofibromatosis Type 1) in the Thoraco-lumber region (T-65* L60*).
    Halo traction for a week then I had surgery 08/05/14, fused C5-T12 correcting curves by about half! By the wonderful and amazing, Mr Bernard. And then an Anterior Iliac Strut graft in my neck/ chest on the 05/06/14