View Poll Results: How Did You Come To Find SSO !!

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Was It Though a Search Engine .Ie Google/Yahoo

202 85.59%
  • Was It Though A Member Already On Sso If so What Member was it

16 6.78%
  • Did you see a link on another Internet Page Ie Facebook/Nsf

15 6.36%
  • Was It Though Word Of Mouth .

5 2.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll !!!!

Default Re: Poll !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tonibunny View Post
    Mr Harrison!! That's really wonderful, I knew that a couple of the consultants recommend us but I didn't know that he did too!!
    Mr Ahmed also recommended this site at my daughters 1st consultation-he even wrote it down on a bit of paper!
    Thoracic 72 degrees, lumber 30 degrees-fused aged 44, T2-L4, posterior fusion with costoplasty (8 ribs were chopped) on 3/11/10 under the care of Mr Ahmed at North Staffs Hospital. Now nice and straight

Woo hooooo! We totally rock
    I'm Sally, 31, and I have congenital kyphoscoliosis in association with Spina Bifida, Diastematomyelia and tethered cord. Surgery to detether spinal cord and remove bone spur at Addenbrooke's in 1984 aged 3. Developed 'pes cavus' and weakness in legs, various foot surgeries between '92 and '94. Decompression of spinal cord, hemivertebrectomy and fusion L2-L4 with instrumentation by Mr Crawford and Mr Laing (neurosurgeon) in 1998 aged 17. Had two stage anterior-posterior T10 to pelvis fusion surgery on 27th February 2012 at NNUH by Mr Crawford and Mr Lutchman. Fused well but now curving over top of fusion, so facing fusion extension up to T1. Trying a brace first in order to put off surgery til next year

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Sal View Post
    Woo hooooo! We totally rock
    True "dat" - as they say, lol
    "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary..." - Steve Jobs

Google, I don't normally look up things about my condition but I get random moments when I do, this time during one of my random moments I found the forum, I was browsing the forum and well here I am. lol

I found it on Google too, when I was stressed about needing surgery!
    I had been on a while just reading all the posts before I plucked up the courage to actually write my own!
    Hiya i'm Louise, i'm 27 & had posterior surgery + costoplasty for an 84degree double curve on 29th July 2010 at RJAH Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry. Under the care of Mr Trivedi. I'm now fused T3 to L3.
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/louise.laurie
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/missloobie
    My Blog: http://helpformyscoliosis.blogspot.com/

I ran into Toni on another forum, and she referred me here when she found out I had scoli too.

tonibunny is offline T Sr: Admin, Big Sister and Da Police!

Yay! Welcome Tria
    37 years old, diagnosed with infantile idiopathic scoliosis at 6 months old with curves of 62(T) and 40(L) degrees. Casting and Milwaukee braces until surgery at 10 - ant release/pos fusion T1-T12, halo traction. Post op cast and then TLSO. Further surgery at 18 (ant release/pos fusion extended to L3 to include lumbar curve, costoplasty) and 25 (another costoplasty). Fusion extended to L4 at 33 (XLIF with 4 pedicle screws and two short rods). Pre-op curves: 76(T) and 70(L). Post-op curves: 45(T) and 35(L). Diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aged 34; scoliosis almost certainly due to this rather than being idiopathic.

Thanks hon!

Unhappy Re: Poll !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ssoAdmin View Post
    We'd love to know where you all heard about SSO, and how you came to join us!

The Staff xx

Came across you simply by searching for "Scoliosis" on-line. Have just been diagnosed with idiopathic adolescent scoliosis and am trying to find out as much as poss and get my head round it.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate View Post
    Came across you simply by searching for "Scoliosis" on-line. Have just been diagnosed with idiopathic adolescent scoliosis and am trying to find out as much as poss and get my head round it.
    Hi there, glad you found us! Why not post a message on the main discussions forum telling us a bit about yourself? We're very friendly and supportive, and can try to help you navigate the world of scoliosis you've just found yourself in
    I'm Sally, 31, and I have congenital kyphoscoliosis in association with Spina Bifida, Diastematomyelia and tethered cord. Surgery to detether spinal cord and remove bone spur at Addenbrooke's in 1984 aged 3. Developed 'pes cavus' and weakness in legs, various foot surgeries between '92 and '94. Decompression of spinal cord, hemivertebrectomy and fusion L2-L4 with instrumentation by Mr Crawford and Mr Laing (neurosurgeon) in 1998 aged 17. Had two stage anterior-posterior T10 to pelvis fusion surgery on 27th February 2012 at NNUH by Mr Crawford and Mr Lutchman. Fused well but now curving over top of fusion, so facing fusion extension up to T1. Trying a brace first in order to put off surgery til next year

Hi Chocolate

Welcome to SSO, i hope we can support you through your scoliosis journey

If you have any questions just post away

once again welcome

Mark
    Latitude: 54 57' 34" N Longitude: 1 25' 16" W

Mark's a groovin an a movin

Found it through another member who also appears on the BBC Ouch website.
    Hi I'm Tracy - mum to Cameron 17yrs who had anterior release, costoplasty, and posterior fusion at RNOH Stanmore 2009 under care of Mr Sean Molloy. All procedures done in one 9 hour operation. Thorocolumbular curve reduced from 74 to 16 degrees. Fused T3 to L2. Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis.

Our daughter was just scheduled for surgery on August 10th, after nearly 10 years of bracing, so it set off a flurry of on-line searching. Googling "Scoliosis Operation Support Groups" brought this site up first. We have been reading various posts, and just accepted to post back today, and appreciate all the good information.

tonibunny is offline T Sr: Admin, Big Sister and Da Police!

Welcome Bneubrand!

I hope we can help support you as your daughter has her surgery xx
    37 years old, diagnosed with infantile idiopathic scoliosis at 6 months old with curves of 62(T) and 40(L) degrees. Casting and Milwaukee braces until surgery at 10 - ant release/pos fusion T1-T12, halo traction. Post op cast and then TLSO. Further surgery at 18 (ant release/pos fusion extended to L3 to include lumbar curve, costoplasty) and 25 (another costoplasty). Fusion extended to L4 at 33 (XLIF with 4 pedicle screws and two short rods). Pre-op curves: 76(T) and 70(L). Post-op curves: 45(T) and 35(L). Diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aged 34; scoliosis almost certainly due to this rather than being idiopathic.

Early 2010 I was browsing around online looking at scoliosis journals etc and having never thought about joining a community with like-minded people etc it suddenly dawned on me that there might be something out there

So went onto google and searched for "scoliosis support forums" and I ended up here and I'm glad I did

Good old google