View Poll Results: How Did You Come To Find SSO !!

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • Was It Though a Search Engine .Ie Google/Yahoo

203 85.65%
  • Was It Though A Member Already On Sso If so What Member was it

16 6.75%
  • Did you see a link on another Internet Page Ie Facebook/Nsf

15 6.33%
  • Was It Though Word Of Mouth .

5 2.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll !!!!

Default Poll !!!!

We'd love to know where you all heard about SSO, and how you came to join us!

The Staff xx
    Last edited by tonibunny; 21st June 2010 at 10:59 AM.

physically in Aylesbury, mentally on another planet

Default Re: Poll !!!!

I found it when toni saw me on nsf
    Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis. Started in 1990 with a harrington rod for thoracic curve, 1995 it was removed as interferring with lumbar curve. In 1999 I had left leg shortened to pull hip down, then in 2000 the metalwork was removed. June 2010 had revision surgery, making the entire fusion t2-l5. Unfortunately in worse pain now than before

tonibunny is offline T Sr: Admin, Big Sister and Da Police!

I was here at the start, so I'm going to say I came here through Titch
    37 years old, diagnosed with infantile idiopathic scoliosis at 6 months old with curves of 62(T) and 40(L) degrees. Casting and Milwaukee braces until surgery at 10 - ant release/pos fusion T1-T12, halo traction. Post op cast and then TLSO. Further surgery at 18 (ant release/pos fusion extended to L3 to include lumbar curve, costoplasty) and 25 (another costoplasty). Fusion extended to L4 at 33 (XLIF with 4 pedicle screws and two short rods). Pre-op curves: 76(T) and 70(L). Post-op curves: 45(T) and 35(L). Diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aged 34; scoliosis almost certainly due to this rather than being idiopathic.

Quote Originally Posted by tonibunny View Post
    I was here at the start, so I'm going to say I came here through Titch
    Me too, titch caught me
    Latitude: 54 57' 34" N Longitude: 1 25' 16" W

Mark's a groovin an a movin

Google! Though I won't take credit for it - my mother signed up here before I did and posted a couple of times, then disappeared once I'd made my own account and she saw how much I was getting from it
    Diagnosed with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis on the 10th April 2007. Seen at the Child Development Centre at the Medway Maritime Hospital on 18th June then referred to Mr Noordeen at the RNOH Stanmore. Seen by consultant on the 13th July x-rays revealed 77o thoracolumbar curve and severe rotation. Surgery planned in 6 months had surgery on 26th November 2007. Admitted for pre-op on 23rd stayed in over the weekend. Curve then 90o, suffering from pain and reduced lung function. Moved from HDU to ward after 24hrs, then into isolation for suspected infection after 3 days. Symptoms turned out to be a bad reaction to antibiotics.

I was rescued from Slife by Tim (Pikey)
    Born 1981 with Spina Bifida Myelomeningocele. Surgery to close lesion at birth. Anterior fusion T11-L5 aged 12. Laminectomy June 06. Posterior fusion with instrumenation T8-T11. Degenerative Disc C4/C5

Under the care of Jeremy Fairbank.

Toni picked me up (she's like that ) from a yahoo group scoliosis forum that had about 3 members way back in 2001 or 2002 I think.

She invited me to Slife. I transferred to SSo along with most others when Titch set it up.

I think it was a couple months after my fusion and I found it through Gooooogle! x
    "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary..." - Steve Jobs

Whats SILF ?

Its great to find out how people found this site seems likemost is from a search engine just proves if ya type in scoliosis support groups this come up first .. well done everyone xx

SLife was the forum that a bunch of us belonged to before Titch set up SSO. It no longer exists.
    37 years old, diagnosed with infantile idiopathic scoliosis at 6 months old with curves of 62(T) and 40(L) degrees. Casting and Milwaukee braces until surgery at 10 - ant release/pos fusion T1-T12, halo traction. Post op cast and then TLSO. Further surgery at 18 (ant release/pos fusion extended to L3 to include lumbar curve, costoplasty) and 25 (another costoplasty). Fusion extended to L4 at 33 (XLIF with 4 pedicle screws and two short rods). Pre-op curves: 76(T) and 70(L). Post-op curves: 45(T) and 35(L). Diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aged 34; scoliosis almost certainly due to this rather than being idiopathic.

I'm another Toni 'pick up' Rescued from some deadly dull forum where nobody spoke to you and people posted a load of cr*p!
    Me, a Mod? Nah ... I'll always be a rocker

I don't go "poaching" other forums' members, btw That would be really rude! If I think they'd benefit from being here I just tell them that SSO exists too, and that plenty of people are members of lots of forums so they'd be welcome to pop by and check us out. Similarly, I'll direct people to NSF or Spinekids too if I think those forums will help them more than we can. The most important thing to me is that people get the right support and info.

Google was my best 'frenenemy' when we got my daughter's diagnosis. I lived in hope and terror of what I found in my searches. Luckily I found all of you to help us on our journey. Lu

Toni 'caught' me from a site which I googled and came accross.She sent me a pm telling me there was a uk forum, im glad she did!

Google, and I'm unbelievably, endlessly grateful too because without this site I just don't think I could have coped!