View Poll Results: How Did You Come To Find SSO !!

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Was It Though a Search Engine .Ie Google/Yahoo

202 85.59%
  • Was It Though A Member Already On Sso If so What Member was it

16 6.78%
  • Did you see a link on another Internet Page Ie Facebook/Nsf

15 6.36%
  • Was It Though Word Of Mouth .

5 2.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll !!!!

Hybrid View

Default Poll !!!!

We'd love to know where you all heard about SSO, and how you came to join us!

The Staff xx
    Last edited by tonibunny; 21st June 2010 at 10:59 AM.

physically in Aylesbury, mentally on another planet

Default Re: Poll !!!!

I found it when toni saw me on nsf
    Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis. Started in 1990 with a harrington rod for thoracic curve, 1995 it was removed as interferring with lumbar curve. In 1999 I had left leg shortened to pull hip down, then in 2000 the metalwork was removed. June 2010 had revision surgery, making the entire fusion t2-l5. Unfortunately in worse pain now than before

tonibunny is offline T Sr: Admin, Big Sister and Da Police!

I was here at the start, so I'm going to say I came here through Titch
    37 years old, diagnosed with infantile idiopathic scoliosis at 6 months old with curves of 62(T) and 40(L) degrees. Casting and Milwaukee braces until surgery at 10 - ant release/pos fusion T1-T12, halo traction. Post op cast and then TLSO. Further surgery at 18 (ant release/pos fusion extended to L3 to include lumbar curve, costoplasty) and 25 (another costoplasty). Fusion extended to L4 at 33 (XLIF with 4 pedicle screws and two short rods). Pre-op curves: 76(T) and 70(L). Post-op curves: 45(T) and 35(L). Diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aged 34; scoliosis almost certainly due to this rather than being idiopathic.

Quote Originally Posted by tonibunny View Post
    I was here at the start, so I'm going to say I came here through Titch
    Me too, titch caught me
    Latitude: 54 57' 34" N Longitude: 1 25' 16" W

Mark's a groovin an a movin

Google! Though I won't take credit for it - my mother signed up here before I did and posted a couple of times, then disappeared once I'd made my own account and she saw how much I was getting from it
    Diagnosed with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis on the 10th April 2007. Seen at the Child Development Centre at the Medway Maritime Hospital on 18th June then referred to Mr Noordeen at the RNOH Stanmore. Seen by consultant on the 13th July x-rays revealed 77o thoracolumbar curve and severe rotation. Surgery planned in 6 months had surgery on 26th November 2007. Admitted for pre-op on 23rd stayed in over the weekend. Curve then 90o, suffering from pain and reduced lung function. Moved from HDU to ward after 24hrs, then into isolation for suspected infection after 3 days. Symptoms turned out to be a bad reaction to antibiotics.

I was rescued from Slife by Tim (Pikey)
    Born 1981 with Spina Bifida Myelomeningocele. Surgery to close lesion at birth. Anterior fusion T11-L5 aged 12. Laminectomy June 06. Posterior fusion with instrumenation T8-T11. Degenerative Disc C4/C5

Under the care of Jeremy Fairbank.

Hi my GP gave us the web site at one of our appointments and coincidently I had come across it the day before while surfing the internet trying to educate myself

Smile Re: Poll !!!!

I am soooo glad I found SSO!!!! I love it soo much It has helped me so much already! Its feels good to know there are so many people like me

-Samantha

Unhappy Re: Poll !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ssoAdmin View Post
    We'd love to know where you all heard about SSO, and how you came to join us!

The Staff xx

Came across you simply by searching for "Scoliosis" on-line. Have just been diagnosed with idiopathic adolescent scoliosis and am trying to find out as much as poss and get my head round it.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate View Post
    Came across you simply by searching for "Scoliosis" on-line. Have just been diagnosed with idiopathic adolescent scoliosis and am trying to find out as much as poss and get my head round it.
    Hi there, glad you found us! Why not post a message on the main discussions forum telling us a bit about yourself? We're very friendly and supportive, and can try to help you navigate the world of scoliosis you've just found yourself in
    I'm Sally, 31, and I have congenital kyphoscoliosis in association with Spina Bifida, Diastematomyelia and tethered cord. Surgery to detether spinal cord and remove bone spur at Addenbrooke's in 1984 aged 3. Developed 'pes cavus' and weakness in legs, various foot surgeries between '92 and '94. Decompression of spinal cord, hemivertebrectomy and fusion L2-L4 with instrumentation by Mr Crawford and Mr Laing (neurosurgeon) in 1998 aged 17. Had two stage anterior-posterior T10 to pelvis fusion surgery on 27th February 2012 at NNUH by Mr Crawford and Mr Lutchman. Fused well but now curving over top of fusion, so facing fusion extension up to T1. Trying a brace first in order to put off surgery til next year

Hi Chocolate

Welcome to SSO, i hope we can support you through your scoliosis journey

If you have any questions just post away

once again welcome

Mark
    Latitude: 54 57' 34" N Longitude: 1 25' 16" W

Mark's a groovin an a movin

Search engine

Well, I saw a yahoo answers page. Someone had asked a question about scoliosis and In a reply someone posted this link

I'm very glad I found you guys!
    -Samantha

Quote Originally Posted by redangel21 View Post
    Well, I saw a yahoo answers page. Someone had asked a question about scoliosis and In a reply someone posted this link

I'm very glad I found you guys!
    May have been me on yahoo answers,i always answer scoliosis questions and add a link so yeah it may have been my answer you saw,was it a top contributor if so then hmmmm yes as i am one on yahoo answers for the past 4 years!

tonibunny is offline T Sr: Admin, Big Sister and Da Police!

Good work, Sparkles!
    37 years old, diagnosed with infantile idiopathic scoliosis at 6 months old with curves of 62(T) and 40(L) degrees. Casting and Milwaukee braces until surgery at 10 - ant release/pos fusion T1-T12, halo traction. Post op cast and then TLSO. Further surgery at 18 (ant release/pos fusion extended to L3 to include lumbar curve, costoplasty) and 25 (another costoplasty). Fusion extended to L4 at 33 (XLIF with 4 pedicle screws and two short rods). Pre-op curves: 76(T) and 70(L). Post-op curves: 45(T) and 35(L). Diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome aged 34; scoliosis almost certainly due to this rather than being idiopathic.