View Single Post
Old 1st October 2007, 08:02 PM
OrangeL

Quote:
Hi Lucinda,

I see you posted about Dr Ian Torode who operates at Royal Childrens hospital Victoria Australia, is he to be recommended as Eva some time in the future will be seeking an opinion on having her rib hump reduced.

If you have the time, I would love to her your experience.

Bye for now

Dympna
I'm so sorry for the late reply, I haven't visited the forum in ages and only just saw this.

I can definitely recommend Dr Torode and I regard him highly. The amount of doctors I have seen in my life have been numerous (thanks to an array of illnesses!), but none have ever topped Dr Torode in terms of bedside manner and the respect, and regard for the well being of his patients that he has. He's very warm-hearted. I always felt safe in his hands. He is particularly wonderful with children, and is based at the Royal Children's Hospital at Melbourne, but does consultations at other places, too. I haven't seen him in quite some time as my scoliosis is under control now, but I saw him every month for almost three years, and he was the one who ended up doing my two scoliosis operations around six years ago. After that I saw him once a year for check-ups over a few years and then that was that! He's very approachable in terms of you feeling comfortable to ask him questions - he even gave me his email address so that I could email him any questions that I may have forgotten to ask inside the appointment. My mother liked him a lot, too. He's very thorough and knowledgeable, and I can't imagine wanting anyone else to do my scoliosis operations.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. And sorry once again for the late reply!