View Single Post
Old 7th July 2014, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Introduction- Surgery in 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyM View Post
Hey Jay! Hope you're doing well, recovery partner! XD I'm feeling great- I'm no longer on any meds, (I take the occasional teaspoon of kids' tylenol if needed) and things are definitely getting back to normal. Next step will be trying to drive and seeing if I can check my blind spot so I can get back to work! I'm also signed up to start physiotherapy on Tuesday.

I saw in your other thread you were asking about Pilates- I think that might be a bit of what I'm going in for. I think it's probably ok if you feel up to it- I'd ask your doctor just to make sure. Mine has been very lenient with restrictions- he says "do whatever you think you can."

I'm really glad to have as many mobile segments as possible- though Dr. O'Brien said it doesn't necessarily reduce the risk of degeneration later in life when I asked. (Hopefully by then they'll have something hi-tech to fix DDD if it ever happens

I'm doing alright thanks, just having a bit of an issue with my neck right now, with it all going stiff and making me get a bit of a headache from it, but it all seems to be settling down now But im the same, just take pain killers when im feeling rather bad, or if ive done too much (and maybe somethings i shouldnt really of done... :S) and my muscles hate me from doing so :P so its great to hear its all getting back to normal but i was recommened to use blind spot mirrors (when i do start to) to help as it'll mean you dont have to move as much to check them.

Yeah, i am going too, just need to figure out what to put in an email first :P as i dont see him for a while yet now, at a guess in a month or so's time. Do still take it easy and dont push to much right now. Well you never know, it might happen some day.
Halo traction for a week then I had surgery 08/05/14, fused C5-T12 correcting curves by about half! By the wonderful and amazing, Mr Bernard. And then an Anterior Iliac Strut graft in my neck/ chest on the 05/06/14