View Single Post
Old 1st June 2014, 03:19 PM

Default Re: It happened yesterday

Yes, the curve can go backwards a little, you might of heard of settling on here a few times and thats what it is, but its nothing to be to afraid of as its nothing drastic or to be feared as it happens to nearly everyone. But you will be swollen for a while after and so that will make things a little worse than they actually are. Give it a few weeks to go down and you'll see great improvements my swelling is only just starting to go, especially in my neck, which is great as its horrid there!

Great to hear that your head is in the right place. And i completely understand, try not going for about a week.... Try and take all the laxatives possible as they really do help to soften it all up. Do try and keep your strength up though as you'll need it as once you become mobile again, you use much more energy than you did pre-op. Hope your continuing to do well and hope to hear from you again soon

Jay
Halo traction for a week then I had surgery 08/05/14, fused C5-T12 correcting curves by about half! By the wonderful and amazing, Mr Bernard. And then an Anterior Iliac Strut graft in my neck/ chest on the 05/06/14