View Single Post
Old 28th May 2014, 08:21 PM

Default Re: It happened yesterday

Thank you all for your replies! Currently I'm still in the hospital and may get the chance to even go home today (even though I barely feel ready). Getting in and out of the beds here have been tough and hurt more than I ever imagined. I guess I didn't really expect the shoulder blade pain. I feel like I'm getting better at the log roll, and my doctor suggested wearing this new brace now as much as I can to make sure the new curve heals how we want it. I didn't realize that it could become messed up again even with metalwork back there now?

Did anyone else's back look a little swollen afterward for a while still? I know it may be just part of the bandage, but I just guess I'm being overly critical and scared of finding any little noticeable curve. Did anyone notice a curve at the their neck specifically?

Jay, you're definitely right about having the right mindset for this. I have to keep reminding myself that all of this pain will go away and that it'll be worth it . I've also been pretty hungry, but I'm trying not to eat too much since I became a little constipated, and trying to force a bowel movement felt like the world was ending.

As for Ahi, it sounds like you're going through a pretty rough time, and I myself have experienced much mental anguish related to my back. But please hang in there and keep trying. My advice is to try what the doctors say, but also don't limit yourself to the opinions of only a couple of doctors. I know that everyone is different, and I do hope you find something that works for you.

I'll post the before and after pics as soon as I get the "after" x-rays. I asked my doctor for it, but he said it might be a little bit before he's able to get it to me. I really am anxious to see how it looks on the inside!

Oh and does anyone have any good suggestions when it comes it alternative medicine for pain relief. I definitely am going to continue my prescribed pain medications, but there was this woman who came into my room yesterday with essential oils and did the "healing touch" and it felt amazing. Anyone have any suggestions for alternative things that worked for them?