Scoliosis Support

Scoliosis Support (http://www.scoliosis-support.org/index.php)
-   Kyphosis, Lordosis and Flatback Room (http://www.scoliosis-support.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   It's my 12 month anniversary. (http://www.scoliosis-support.org/showthread.php?t=17844)

lee1975 18th April 2014 01:47 PM

It's my 12 month anniversary.

It's been a year and I'm feeling great. Look great and life is pain free. I sometimes wish to do my year all over again. At least just the first few months. I loved it. Anyone else feel the same?

KMaxwell 18th April 2014 05:56 PM

Re: It's my 12 month anniversary.

Lee,

It's great to hear you are doing so well at one year post op. I think I remember reading a post that you had some loose or painful screws... has that resolved itself? What level of correction did you end up with?

Thanks for posting - it's so helpful to me to hear about things going well for other SK patients out there!!!

GillyG 18th April 2014 08:48 PM

Wow, has it really been a year already Lee? sounds like you're doing amazingly well. I'm so chuffed for you :D

lee1975 19th April 2014 07:58 AM

The screw didn't end up moving and the fusion sealed the way it was supposed to. I did gain some extra weight over the last 12 months but I expected that due to inactivity but I was prone to.
My level of correction was in the 30 percents (give or take) or something to that effect. But I gained height and today I played soccer with my son it was THE BEST THING I HAVE DONE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE OF BEING A DAD.
I WAS BACK AT WORK WITHIN 3 months and off all meds not to soon after.
The bad side of last year was the death of my father but before he went he got to see me standing tall the way i was supposed to be.
But I have you Guys to thank for the support, info and kind words when I felt like crappola, so here's. BIG THANK YOU.
I still have a hard time wiping the butt, but I will manage. ;)
Lee

GillyG 19th April 2014 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lee1975 (Post 270077)
I played soccer with my son it was THE BEST THING I HAVE DONE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE OF BEING A DAD.

This is one of the most heart-warming posts I have aver read :) I'm so happy for you, and it's great news that the screw issue sorted itself out.

KMaxwell 19th April 2014 05:37 PM

Awesome, Lee, I'm so glad everything has gone so well for you and that you've been able to improve your quality of life. That's what it's all about! :)

Nice to hear the screw issue sorted itself out as well.

bluestone 19th April 2014 07:03 PM

That is lovely to hear Lee, just shows how this surgery can improve someone's quality of life :)

daniel7 20th April 2014 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lee1975 (Post 270064)
It's been a year and I'm feeling great. Look great and life is pain free. I sometimes wish to do my year all over again. At least just the first few months. I loved it. Anyone else feel the same?

nice one well done :D

I don't know why you would want to do it again !

tonibunny 24th April 2014 09:10 AM

Congrats Lee, you've come through this surgery like a boss :D