Scoliosis Support

Scoliosis Support (http://www.scoliosis-support.org/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.scoliosis-support.org/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Poll !!!! (http://www.scoliosis-support.org/showthread.php?t=10212)

ssoAdmin 12th May 2010 04:30 PM

Poll !!!!

We'd love to know where you all heard about SSO, and how you came to join us! :D

The Staff xx

cherrybird 12th May 2010 07:25 PM

Re: Poll !!!!

I found it when toni saw me on nsf

tonibunny 12th May 2010 10:04 PM

I was here at the start, so I'm going to say I came here through Titch :D

mark 12th May 2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonibunny (Post 161312)
I was here at the start, so I'm going to say I came here through Titch :D

Me too, titch caught me

madmclw 12th May 2010 10:27 PM

Google! Though I won't take credit for it - my mother signed up here before I did and posted a couple of times, then disappeared once I'd made my own account and she saw how much I was getting from it :)

Little Ali 12th May 2010 11:08 PM

I was rescued from Slife by Tim (Pikey)

ivanleg 13th May 2010 01:12 PM

Toni picked me up (she's like that :D) from a yahoo group scoliosis forum that had about 3 members way back in 2001 or 2002 I think.

She invited me to Slife. I transferred to SSo along with most others when Titch set it up.

lyssie 13th May 2010 09:04 PM

I think it was a couple months after my fusion and I found it through Gooooogle! x

Simon 13th May 2010 10:49 PM

Whats SILF ?

Its great to find out how people found this site seems likemost is from a search engine just proves if ya type in scoliosis support groups this come up first .. well done everyone xx

tonibunny 13th May 2010 10:53 PM

SLife was the forum that a bunch of us belonged to before Titch set up SSO. It no longer exists.

GillyG 14th May 2010 12:10 AM

I'm another Toni 'pick up' :p Rescued from some deadly dull forum where nobody spoke to you and people posted a load of cr*p!

tonibunny 14th May 2010 01:33 PM

I don't go "poaching" other forums' members, btw :D That would be really rude! If I think they'd benefit from being here I just tell them that SSO exists too, and that plenty of people are members of lots of forums so they'd be welcome to pop by and check us out. Similarly, I'll direct people to NSF or Spinekids too if I think those forums will help them more than we can. The most important thing to me is that people get the right support and info.

crazylu 14th May 2010 01:41 PM

Google was my best 'frenenemy' when we got my daughter's diagnosis. I lived in hope and terror of what I found in my searches. Luckily I found all of you to help us on our journey. Lu

bluestone 14th May 2010 04:48 PM

Toni 'caught' me from a site which I googled and came accross.She sent me a pm telling me there was a uk forum, im glad she did!

GloomCookie 16th May 2010 10:37 AM

Google, and I'm unbelievably, endlessly grateful too because without this site I just don't think I could have coped!