SSO Scavenger Queen
- About madmclw
- Kent, SE England
- Girlguiding, Rock Climbing!
- Student, also visitor services assistant at Girlguiding UK
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details
- Diagnosed with a C shaped thoracolumber curve, measuring 77 at first consultation.
- What curve pattern?
- Single thoracolumbar
- Had surgery?
- Posterior surgery
- Surgery Details
- 26th November 2007. Surgery was 5 1/2 hours, fused T3 - L3 with 2 rods and 15 screws. Curve was then 90degrees. In hospital for 11 days - 3 pre-op. Put in isolation for suspected infection - just a bad reaction to the antibiotics =P
- Worn a brace?
- No brace
- Diagnosed with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis on the 10th April 2007. Seen at the Child Development Centre at the Medway Maritime Hospital on 18th June – then referred to Mr Noordeen at the RNOH Stanmore. Seen by consultant on the 13th July – x-rays revealed 77o thoracolumbar curve and severe rotation. Surgery planned in 6 months – had surgery on 26th November 2007. Admitted for pre-op on 23rd – stayed in over the weekend. Curve then 90o, suffering from pain and reduced lung function. Moved from HDU to ward after 24hrs, then into isolation for suspected infection after 3 days. Symptoms turned out to be a bad reaction to antibiotics.