- About HollyFields
- 2 major surgeries. Harrington rod didn't hold, switched to CD rod.Scoliosis won't hold me back.
- Los Angeles California
- Animal rescue
- Actress, singer
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Juvenile Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details
- S curve at 10. Progressed fast. Had Harrington rid put in at Scotish Rite in Dallas. My bone didn't fuse, so Dr. King in Ca. replaced it with a CD rod. All good now except my nerves are being squished and no surgery can get to them. After starting yoga, my back looked better than ever and feel better than ever. I also have major compression of heart and lungs.
- What curve pattern?
- Single lumbar
- Curve Pattern Details
- S curve with rib rotation and compression.
- Had surgery?
- More than one surgery at different times(tell us more in the next field)
- Surgery Details
- Harrington rod didn't work due to my bones not fusing so I had a CD rod put in and this time it worked.
- Worn a brace?
- Post-op other
- Bracing Details
- I had the body cast from under my arms to my hips after the first surgery. 6 months of that and then 6 months of a brace. The second surgery didn't need either but my Mom insisted on the brace.
- Been cast?
- Casting after Harrington rod surgery
- Casting Details
- Not fun.