- About Abbi
- Canterbury, New Zealand
- socialising with friends, travelling, photography, music, walking and my newly found task of running
- Occupational Therapist
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details
- Diagnosed with a double curve of 80 degrees aged 17 in May 2004, after my mum spotted a 'winged scapula' and uneven hips. Offered corrective surgery in September 2004, and was put on the waiting list, for approximately 11 months (although I had been told that it was going to be longer than this.)
- What curve pattern?
- Double major
- Had surgery?
- Anterior/Posterior surgery in one surgery
- Surgery Details
- Surgery was carried out on August 23rd 2005, in The Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast (N.Ireland) under Mr N A Eames. Fusion from T1-L4
Consultant: Mr A Hamilton, Musgrave Park Hospital, and RVH, Belfast. Discharged from the scoliosis service in April 2008.
- Worn a brace?
- No brace