- About CurvyCat
- I am a 22 year old female who received a spinal fusion May 19th, 2014.
- Art, medicine, and cats
- Technical Support Specialist
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details
- I measured at a 42 degree lumbar curve in 2011. I was told I did not have scoliosis in 7th grade after a faulty test by my gym teacher. I found out I had moderate scoliosis less than a year later after my mom noticed that my trunk was tilted to the left. I then went to see a chiropractor as we didn't know what else to do. He kept saying not to worry about it. A short while later a family fiend referred us to see the best orthopedic surgeon in the state and we did just that. It wasn't until I was 21 years old I found out my doctor kept telling my mother I need an MRI to look into surgery.
- What curve pattern?
- Single lumbar
- Curve Pattern Details
- My spine was essentially falling over to the left. This made my left hip go forward to help balance me, which also made it so my spine was trying to twist around.
- Had surgery?
- Posterior surgery
- Surgery Details
- I had a spinal fusion giving me 2 rods and 16 screws on May 19th, 2014.
- Worn a brace?
- No brace
- Bracing Details
- We didn't catch the significance of my scoliosis in time.