- About Smartie
- My name is Sue and I have 3 children.William is 2 yrs, our youngest and has congenital scoliosis
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Congenital Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details
- William was diagnosed with Congenital scoliosis when he was 9 months old. It was already 42 degree curve. Its s curve with a hemivertabrae.
- Had surgery?
- No surgery
- Worn a brace?
- TLSO brace (eg Boston brace)
- Bracing Details
- William has been wearing a Boston brace from 2 years old, he has been wearing it 23 hours a day for the last 3 months. They plan to operate on him with magnec rods when he is
4-6 yrs old but until then he will need to be braced to stop his curve from getting worse.
- Junior Member