- About whitbrit
- Ontario, Canada
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Juvenile Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details
- I was diagnosed when I was 8 years old. My mom and aunt also have scoliosis so it seems to be genitically linked in my case.
- What curve pattern?
- Primary lumbar with one or more compensatory curves
- Curve Pattern Details
- I have an s-shaped spine. My current doctor says my lumbar curve is primary and my thoaracic curve is compensatory. In the past I have also been told they are both primary curves. My curves are both around 6o degrees now.
- Had surgery?
- No surgery
- Surgery Details
- I will be having surgery via an anterior approach in January.
- Worn a brace?
- TLSO brace (eg Boston brace)
- Bracing Details
- I first got my brace when I was 12 and I wore it for five and half years.