Admin and resident Piskie
- About titch
- Weird Wiltshire
- crafting, video games, reading, photography
- Medically retired but working harder than ever as a full time mum :o)
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Juvenile Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details
- Diagnosed at 15, so classified as AIS, but curve was definitely present by 8, probably earlier.
- What curve pattern?
- Primary thoracolumbar with one or more compensatory curves
- Curve Pattern Details
- Primary thoracolumbar with compensatory thoracic curvature. After surgery developed additional curvature in lumbar region, and further cervico-thoracic compensatory curve.
- Had surgery?
- More than one surgery at different times(tell us more in the next field)
- Surgery Details
- First surgery was a/p in one surgery. Unfortunately was fused in kyphosis, so had to have later posterior revision surgery. Currently in need of further surgery for additional correction of original kyphosis, and for loss of lordosis due to disc degeneration since last surgery.
- Worn a brace?
- Post-op TLSO
- Bracing Details
- No brace pre-surgery, diagnosed too late. Had post op TLSO after first surgery - off the shelf variety based on waist size, rather than cast to fit.
- Diagnosed at 15 with 50° curve, but probably juvenile IS. Fused in kyphosis (by non-specialised ortho) with a/p surgery T10-L2 @ 21, posterior only revision surgery to correct kyphosis @ 29. Now 38 with further revision surgery and extension of fusion to sacrum required to correct residual kyphosis, restore lordosis and address spinal stenosis.