- About Kake
- Originally South African, lived in Australia for 6 years and now based in London.
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details
- Diagnosed age 12 with double curvature. Unfortunately, moving countries several times I have lost my original X-Rays, but recently found that my initial diagnosis was for double major with both thoracic and lumbar curves at 37 degrees. By age 20 these had worsened to 50 upper and 59 lower. At 32 the curves now measure 47 upper and 62 lower.
- What curve pattern?
- Double major
- Curve Pattern Details
- Primary left lumbar curve 62 degrees with right thoracic curve of 47 degrees
- Had surgery?
- No surgery
- Surgery Details
- Currently considering surgery - Anterior fusion T11-L3 was the first approach suggested, and more recently another consultant has recommended combined anterior and posterior with fusion from T4-L4
- Worn a brace?
- No brace, SpineCor
- Bracing Details
- I declined to wear a brace when diagnosed at 12. Decided to try a SpineCor brace several months ago, but find it uncomfortable and unsure of it's benefits as I'm an adult.