- About shanny2890
- I love to live life to the fullest
- Ulster County, NY
- hiking, kayaking, running, cliff jumping
- Nursing student
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details
- at diagnosis i had a 34 degree curve that was going to try to be corrected through a brace. The bracing was not successful and i had my first surgery at 52 degress in july 2006.
- What curve pattern?
- Single thoracic
- Had surgery?
- More than one surgery at different times(tell us more in the next field)
- Surgery Details
- all surgeries where spinal fusions. the first one was in july of 2006 and went all as planned. I developed an infection causing the rods to be taken out in feb 2008. it was theory of my doctor that because the spine was fused that i would not curve anymore. He was wrong and i had my thrid surgery in december of 2009
- Worn a brace?
- TLSO brace (eg Boston brace)
- Bracing Details
- was braced for 1 1/2 years