- About daledyer
- Reading, trying to stay fit & helathy
- Quantity Surveyor
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Degenerative Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details
- My 5 year old son was starved of oxygen at birth and is severely disabled. As a result of very porr muscle tone, ha has developed a significant scoliosis and curvature of the spine. He has just ben fitted with an orthopaedic brace, so we are going through the pain of him getting use to it. The biggest problem is that he cannot communicate other than varying dgrees of whinge or moan as to how uncomfortable he is. SO far we're up to about 4 hours in one go but need to get to 22-23 hours !!!. Can't see us getting to that but we'll see
- What curve pattern?
- Double major
- Had surgery?
- No surgery
- Worn a brace?
- Bracing Details
- Purpse made brace by Orthotists at The Royal Ortopaedic Hospital in Birmingham
- Been cast?
- Serial casting for infantile/juvenile scoliosis