- About mamfie007
- Comedy (TV) Summer- Ad hoc Surfing, Winter Ski-ing and Snowboarding
- Ski- Bum Canada , and in UK HR Recruiter
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details
- 42 degrees that moved a bit but can't remember how much
- What curve pattern?
- Single thoracic
- Curve Pattern Details
- Now: I have a slight curve in the thoracic area not sure of degree but very low, c shape but not noticeable unless I tell people. I never really bothered to find out much about my Scoliosis, had an op when 19 then got on with my life but seems to be one curve and slight twist (I have a slight rib hump).
- Had surgery?
- More than one surgery at different times(tell us more in the next field)
- Surgery Details
- OP Spinal Fusion 1992 T2 to L1 Surgery 22 Oct 2009 to trim Proximal end Harrington Rod, Mr Tucker advised bone encased prevented total removal, so still have two broken bits! Have had two Facet Joint Injections (mar10, June 10) and Denervation T5/T6 10/09/10 which worked until I pulled my snowboard bag up a steep hill in December , now have recurring nerve pain (but am using skiing as adrenalin pain killer)
- Worn a brace?
- Post-op other
- Bracing Details
- Just a corset/brace for protection after fusion op wore for 6 months only
- Been cast?
- Casting after Harrington rod surgery
- Casting Details
- Six months post op (age 19) wore 24 hrs but not in shower, then went to the hospital one day an waved good by to it ;-0 under Tim Morley at RNOH
- Give everything a go if you think it may work (and it's legal), you only live once and your are never to old