- About Patti Fitzpatrick
- I'm a single mom with 3 beautiful children.
- I love to garden, bird watch, shop, music , spend time with my kids and friends!!
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Juvenile Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details
- My curve is S - shaped. I was advised to have the surgery when I was in my early 20's ...they said my curve was getting worse and that I wouldn't live past 40.
- What curve pattern?
- Double major
- Curve Pattern Details
- I cannot remember the exact degree..I believe it was 57? Again my spine is S shaped.
- Had surgery?
- More than one surgery at different times(tell us more in the next field)
- Surgery Details
- I had my first surgery when I was 23. I had harrington rods implanted and my spine was fused. Bone was taken from my hip to aid in the fusion. My rod broke approx a year later. They re-implanted another one which is thicker.
- Been cast?
- Casting after Harrington rod surgery
- Casting Details
- I wore a body cast for approx 5 months ( I think) after my first surgery. It was definately different!!