- About louise_23
- Cheshire, UK
- Swimming, Shopping, Going out with friends, Facebook :)
- Marketing Assistant
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details
- I was diagnosed with a primary thoracic curve and compensatory lumbar curve aged 14. At the time of diagnosis the curves were already severe and it was too late for bracing as I had finished growing. Over the years I have been monitored and told my scoliosis would never progress and surgery would only be for 'cosmetic reasons'. Finally got transferred to a scoliosis specialist (Mr Trivedi) after having more pain and discomfort and had surgery 29th July 2010.
- What curve pattern?
- Primary thoracic with one or more compensatory curves
- Curve Pattern Details
- I had two curves right sided thoracic and left sided lumbar, approx 84 degrees.
- Had surgery?
- Posterior surgery
- Surgery Details
- Had surgery to correct my scoliosis + costoplasty 29th July 2010 at Oswestry Orthapaedic Hospital under the care of Mr Trivedi
- Worn a brace?
- Post-op TLSO
- Hiya i'm Louise, i'm 27 & had posterior surgery + costoplasty for an 84degree double curve on 29th July 2010 at RJAH Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry. Under the care of Mr Trivedi. I'm now fused T3 to L3.
My Blog: http://helpformyscoliosis.blogspot.com/