I love a CurlyWurly
- About cherrybird
- 31 year old married with 1 daughter and a cavalier king charles dog
- physically in Aylesbury, mentally on another planet
- running around after my 3yr old and trying to prize hubby away from the cricket pitch
- senior customer service advisor in a call centre. Press 1 if you want help, or hang up if your angry
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- What curve pattern?
- Double major
- Curve Pattern Details
- Had surgery?
- More than one surgery at different times(tell us more in the next field)
- Surgery Details
- Had harrington rod from t3-l4 but it was removed so no current metalwork. chostoplasty done at same time as rod removal and currently suffering with asymestric disc wear in lumbar spine but there is talk of further surgery
- Worn a brace?
- TLSO brace (eg Boston brace)
- Been cast?
- Casting after Harrington rod surgery
- Casting Details
- had a fibreglass jacket, not removable for several weeks, had fun with mum trying to change the vest underneath :-)
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis. Started in 1990 with a harrington rod for thoracic curve, 1995 it was removed as interferring with lumbar curve. In 1999 I had left leg shortened to pull hip down, then in 2000 the metalwork was removed. June 2010 had revision surgery, making the entire fusion t2-l5. Unfortunately in worse pain now than before