- About XxSaraharaSxX
- I'm 16 and a Junior in high school.
- New York State
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details
- At 16, my doctor noticed I had scoliosis at my physical. In about a month, we saw an orthopedist who put me in a boston brace. I have to wear it for about 1.5 to 2 years.
- What curve pattern?
- Single lumbar
- Curve Pattern Details
- Apparently the top of my spine is very straight, and the bottom is about 25-30 degrees. I think that from the back it looked like a backwards J. What suprised me most was how uneven my hips are. Also, that I'm 16 and (I think) Risser 0.
- Had surgery?
- No surgery
- Worn a brace?
- TLSO brace (eg Boston brace)
- Bracing Details
- I got my brace two weeks ago and have been weaning into it. We don't know if it is working yet, but I REALLY hate it. I've been wearing it, but I really want to throw it across the room and jump on it.