- About BloodBought
- History of congenital scoliosis. Treated with bracces at the A.I. Dupont Clinic till I was 14.
- Paden City, WV
- Graphic Design, running an Appalachian Artisan Center & Antique Mall
- On disability, but help run my families business when I can.
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Congenital Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details
- Congenital scoliosis, treated at the A.I. Dupont Clinic from 18 months till I was 14. Leg lenghtening surgeries to correct at 2.5" difference. Lived a pretty much normal life. About 5 years ago experienced a herniated disc. Becasue of pain and severe neurological issues, had a microdiscectomy which helped for about a month. Then had a foraminoplasy 8 months later, which again helped for about 6 weeks. My pain became worse then before. Spinal Cord Stimulator implant, which I don't use anymore because the lead has moved and I had to have it up so high to cover any pain.
Now 34 y/o with severe pain, numbness in lower back and extending down both legs. The right leg pain/symptoms just began about 2 months ago. New increased pain in my mid-thoracic area as well. My legs also will just give out on me and have a week feeling. Neurosurgeon reccomended I see a scoliosis specific surgeon. Now I am hunting for a doc.
Sorry if this is all jumbled. Last I knew my curves were thoracic 47 degrees and lumbar 53 degrees. J
- What curve pattern?
- Double major
- Had surgery?
- No surgery
- Worn a brace?
- Milwaukee brace
- Bracing Details
- see above
- Been cast?
- Serial casting for infantile/juvenile scoliosis
- Home Page
- This Page