- About Jonny
- I'm a clinical engineer at a huge London teaching hospital.
- Playing the violin and exhibiting my scars
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details
- I was diagnosed with Adolescent Idiopathic (Kypho)scoliosis, although my curve was present to some degree before I was 10. I had an upper curve of 30 degrees and a lower curve of 53 degrees from diagnosis until surgery.
- What curve pattern?
- Double major
- Had surgery?
- More than one surgery at different times(tell us more in the next field)
- Surgery Details
- Two-stage surgery at RNOH Stanmore age 16. Anterior fusion with instrumentation 6-7-04, posterior fusion with instrumentation and thoracoplasty 13-7-04. Suffered (rare) hook pullout and had posterior revision 18-3-05.
Achieved a very good correction, and I lead a healthy, active life with no pain or other problems.
- Worn a brace?
- TLSO brace (eg Boston brace), Post-op TLSO, Post-op CTLSO