- About clairabella68
- Mum of Katie
- Castleford, near Leeds
- Orthopaedic Secretary!
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Infantile Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details
- Diagnosed at 1yr. Treated in plaster jackets for 2yrs. Scoliosis progressed. Surgery Jan 09 T4 -L2 posterior approach. Doing well!
- Curve Pattern Details
- Consultant never worked out degrees in Katie - said she had a lot of rotation, so it never gives a true reading??
- Had surgery?
- Posterior surgery
- Surgery Details
- T4 - L2, 19 screws and 2 rods in January 2009 (11yr old)
- Worn a brace?
- No brace
- Been cast?
- Serial casting for infantile/juvenile scoliosis
- Casting Details
- EDF casts worn for 6weeks at a time. No problems with casts. Casts treatment said to be successful but scoliosis progressed at Katie grew!